THANKS 2ndgenjacket and GTadamni

spellingbee

Flats Noob
According to my calculations (which may be wrong coming from this English teacher,) Dore is behind by one point going into the final game which has been predicted to end with the same result by both 2ndGen and Dore.

**Law, so sorry to inform you that I went back over my chart and found one adding error which worked in the favor of Dore. He has indeed won the contest (by two points I believe.)

By the way, you were coming on strong there at the beginning of the contest; what happened?

I wish I knew. Dore-Dawg is getting married in a few months and we are having the bachelor party in Vegas.

I have learned MUCH from this prediction contest. We all like to think we can jump in there and knock them out. The stats do not lie.

I hope to improve on it next year, but you can rest assured I wont be doing any online betting til I have a better grasp.

Dore-Dawg (whom I am in an office with and went to law school with) has already informed me that he has won the prediction contest.

I know I CANT pick games worth a damn but I was hoping some GT fan could keep the winner in the family.

he has already informed me that he will be defending his title next year.

I will indeed defend the title next year. Hopefully having an "intruder" like me win the contest will encourage more to play.

Maybe if UGA does worse and GT does a little better next year, I won't have that advantage b/c I know that many who played have a difficult time setting aside their biases and picking for UGA and against GT when their play merits such predictions.

I also want to thank GT Adamni and 2ndgenjacket. It was a close race and seeing your predictions helped my predictions in that "other" arena. Whenever we all picked the same, I knew to go after that game "heavy" (Fiesta, Rose, and Sugar Bowls just to name a few) I enjoyed it and will see you guys next year.

Oh yeah, props again to the administrators who did a great job of picking the games and doing the stats. I liked seeing the weekly point totals and the overall record of the favored teams (reminds you to not always pick the favored team to cover). I think I mentioned this a few months ago when I predicted this victory, but that David Greene jersey needs to be XL (just like my dog avatar)

The contest was close and I'll be the first to admit the bowl games ate me up- one reason I never wager on those. Next year maybe they should have a regular season winner and a bowl game winner...it seems like you must be able to predict which team has the most motivation especially for the lower bowls to have any success and my dislike for the Big 10 hurt me. Next year, I'm afraid we will have to be picking Tech as a 'dog to cover in over half our games...

spellingbee...you don't see a Lizella tag much-my dad, the 1stgenjacket, grew up right on Hwy 80 and I used to go spend summers there years ago as a kid. My grandad ran the old country store there up until the late 70's...

Law-bee,

Don't feel so bad. Think about it, in order to win you would need to pick Tech on the losing side 6 out of 13 times. Not many Tech fans have the stomach for that!

So along comes a dog and wins the contest; bet a dog won't win when we get back to whupping them 2 out of every 3 games.

2ndgen,
I live a few miles off (a ways past the prison) of 80 on Fulton Mill Rd which intersects 80. Did your dad run one of the two stores at the Fulton Mill Rd/ Mt. Pleasant Church Rd intersection (now Carr's and Frenchies) or a store within the "city limits" of Lizella?

We like it out here.

Back