That Louisville Time Out...

GTLiebs

Dodd-Like
Sometimes it's best to get the best play and players on the field in that moment in the game.

As we get more experienced, we won't need to burn those.
The 2nd TO was cause the play clock was gonna run out. Hopefully will be less of a problem as we get experienced at QB. Spose there was the option to just eat the 5 yards, but I think it was in the red zone so I'm kind of ok with taking it there.

ncjacket

Dodd-Like
The 2nd TO was cause the play clock was gonna run out. Hopefully will be less of a problem as we get experienced at QB. Spose there was the option to just eat the 5 yards, but I think it was in the red zone so I'm kind of ok with taking it there.
While you would rather not have to burn one there once it was obvious we were not dialed in it was absolutely the right call to use the TO. We needed that score and making sure we got it then was way more important than saving it for later.

Last edited:

smokey_wasp

Dodd-Like
I turned to my wife when they didn't take the TO after the first play and said something like "I can't believe they are conceding. That is gutless to not take the remaining timeouts."
It does seem like his instinct was to pack it in and go home there. I figured he finally called the TO because he knew it was a bad look he'd hear about in the post-game presser. But he had waited too late, obviously.

savbandjacket

Dr. SBJ
Sometimes it's best to get the best play and players on the field in that moment in the game.

As we get more experienced, we won't need to burn those.
This. Right now it’s more important to preserve actual scoring opportunities by taking the timeout and giving a freshman qb some time to think rather than saving them for potential scoring opportunities that may or may not occur later and may or may not matter.

OptionsJacket

BpBuSp
It does seem like his instinct was to pack it in and go home there. I figured he finally called the TO because he knew it was a bad look he'd hear about in the post-game presser. But he had waited too late, obviously.
If this is the case (which I think it is), he's a giant softie and we should all be happy he's not our coach. He probably drinks Zima