The Athletic....part deux

Is it worth what you are paying for it.

• Yes

Votes: 4 12.5%
  • No

Votes: 18 56.3%
  • For pro sports maybe...but not the Tech coverage.

Votes: 12 37.5%
  • Prior beat writer better than current beat writer.

Votes: 6 18.8%
  • Current beat writer better than previous beat writer.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Compared to other programs coverage..ours is piss poor regardless of who the beat writer is.

Votes: 6 18.8%

• Total voters
Who is the current Tech beat writer for The Athletic?

When I had my subscription it was some chick from UGA. I thought she did a pretty good job despite her dwag stench.

Daniel Shirley, a Clemson alum who is also the editor for the Atlanta/ TECH /uga/ Braves/Falcons/ Hawks portion of their enterprise. He is a long time Macon Telegraph sport writer and is currently a co-host of the "Midday Sports Zone" on the ESPN radio affiliate, 93.1 FM in Macon.

Daniel Shirley, a Clemson alum who is also the editor for the Atlanta/ TECH /uga/ Braves/Falcons/ Hawks portion of their enterprise. He is a long time Macon Telegraph sport writer and is currently a co-host of the "Midday Sports Zone" on the ESPN radio affiliate, 93.1 FM in Macon.
But I don't see anything from him since Feb 1.

I canceled today. Still have it through July and they'll probably send me a discount to get me to stay...

I tried the athletic. Had decent quality articles but didn’t seem to offer the same value as a Rivals subscription where Kelly/Russell have inside info

The Tech coverage has gone downhill. I am keeping it because the Braves and the Titans coverage is good. The best Tech info is on here.

I really like the Athletic, but didn't sign up for GT coverage. Anything there has been a bonus.

Back