The Athletic

Do you subscribe to "The Athletic" for Tech football/basketball coverage?

• Yes

Votes: 10 24.4%
  • No

Votes: 31 75.6%

• Total voters

Walton

Damn Good Rat
I did; I loved the coverage/reporting from Tori. They then moved her to the Falcons and basically didn’t replace her. After that, the primary person who covered Tech was Dan Shirley (I think) he wasn’t the worst ever but not near good enough to pay for.

It did have good national college football coverage and a one stop shop for all the Atl pro teams but not sure the Tech coverage is worth a sub.

Buzz_PhD

Don’t call me doctor
I bought a year subscription some time back when it was like 50% off or something. I found that I rarely ever read it, even though it had some good content.

When the year was up, I didn’t renew
Same here. I was impressed with the content but just didn’t utilize it enough to make it worth the full subscription price.

Bbz_13

Varsity Lurker
I subscribed, and like the quality of the writing. It is reminiscent of the old Sports Illustrated of the 80s and 90s, which I prefer over the blog/clickbait style that dominates today. But they have stopped covering GT so I do not plan to renew when my subscription expires.

Architorture23

If ur players know u luv them, then u already won.
I also subscribed with the big discount, but mainly for Braves and MLB news. They have a solid baseball crew (Law, Gammons, Stark, Rosenthal, SarrisSardis,

Tori was doing OK with GT stuff but I haven't seen anything much lately. If they're no longer covering GT then that explains it.

Meh, I should probably cancel. If you're deciding between The Athletic and, say, JacketsOnline, it's a no brainer. Nobody on the internet has better GT sports info than JOL, regardless of how much some people hate Kelly Quinlan.

coit

Y’all got any more of that D Fence?
I did; I loved the coverage/reporting from Tori. They then moved her to the Falcons and basically didn’t replace her. After that, the primary person who covered Tech was Dan Shirley (I think) he wasn’t the worst ever but not near good enough to pay for.

It did have good national college football coverage and a one stop shop for all the Atl pro teams but not sure the Tech coverage is worth a sub.
This. Their coverage is virtually non-existent now.

swampsting

Now with incredulous facial expression
Dan Shirley is the editor, I think, for The Athletic’s Atlanta site, so he’s got other responsibilities
If anyone else remembers, he also was sports editor in Macon for a while
I don’t know if Macon even has a sports department, per se

GTCalvinist

Damn Good Rat

Same here. Tori (though a Dwag) is a great writer and was worth the subscription. Now, not so much.