the BIIIIIIIIIIIIG picture ...

Mr. Skeptical

Varsity Lurker
forget about Gailey ...
forget about this year ...

put your money where your mouth is.

If you had to bet $10,000.00 and you had 15 seconds to decide after reading this

Will TECH win the BCS bowl bid (or the future equivalent) of an 11 or 12 team ACC as it will be for the foreseeable future in the next 20 years?

Again, you have 15 seconds.

Me, NO BRAINER!

TECH will not ever win the whole ACC enchilada ... maybe ever again.

This is not "the sky is falling type post".

Even if TECH were a true contender for the ACC outright title they may only win it twice in twenty years!

I LOVE TECH ... but I CAN NOT follow a team that on an average year in the future we "MAY" stand a 3% (and that would be a good year!) chance of winning the ACC outright.

Man ... does everything suck or what!

Appreciate your cursory commitment. You do realize that TECH has genuine fans? Good bye.

Not many people thought Tech would win the Sear's Trophy in 1990 either. Just a hunch but I bet you were one of those people (as were a lot of us).

You said:
"I LOVE TECH ... but I CAN NOT follow a team that on an average year in the future we "MAY" stand a 3% (and that would be a good year!) chance of winning the ACC outright."

Thanks for being honest. If you can't follow us, then go follow someone else or just take a break if you must. All I ask is that if you REALLY do feel this way, please don't hang around and make the rest of us miserable. Times are tough enough. I hope things start to turn around against Auburn.

"I CAN NOT follow a team that on an average year in the future we "MAY" stand a 3% (and that would be a good year!) chance of winning the ACC outright."
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Look up bandwagon and/or fair-weather fan in the dictionary and you'll more than likely find that statement.

Skeptical says:

I LOVE TECH ... but I CAN NOT follow a team that on an average year in the future we "MAY" stand a 3% (and that would be a good year!) chance of winning the ACC outright.

You are not a fan of Tech, and thats ok. Fans of any team do not "decide" to be a fan or not. It just happens. Just like you don't decide to love your little sister. You can be dissapointed in her, or be madder than hell at her, but you will always love her.

Would I bet ten G that Tech wins the ACC before 2023, hell yes I would!

Go Jackets, kick Auburn's ass!!

Originally posted by Mr. Skeptical:

<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">No just your post.. your post reminds me of the reasons why siblings should not marry each other.

I think you've got your answer Mr Skeptical. If one of your criteria for "following" a team is some factor of how successful you think they will be, then you're not a fan. So do us all a favor and just go away. If you aren't a follower, we don't really care what you think.

BTW, what was your criteria when Tech was independent? And what was your assessment of the probability of winning the ACC 5 yrs ago, or 10? You may have given up but the rest of us haven't. You're worse than the fonts who want everybody fired. They at least have emotional ties to Tech and believe deep down that we can succeed. You're just sad.

Go cheer for Oklahoma. I hear they're pretty good this year.

P.S. Please, would mind getting the hell out of here.

Fact of the matter is, I'm not sure that would be a good bet for anyone outside of Miami and FSU. But that has nothing to do with being a Tech fan. I was a Tech fan when Lothridge went to Martin. I was a Tech fan when I graduated in '76. I was a Tech fan yelling my head off from the front row of the Citrus Bowl in '90. And I'll be a Tech fan tomorrow yelling my head off from the front row in section 105. No I won't bet $10K because I'm good at math, but I'm still a Tech fan.

You should pull for the dawgies. Your logic is the same as 90% of their fans.

My friend you are NO Tech supporter. If you can't go all out then go HOME!!!!!

Tech was anda will be be a contender again!! (and soon)

Have a good weekend.

Actually Mr. Skeptical,

Get the HELL outta here and go become a hydrant humper over in Athens.

As Always....TO HELL WITH GEORGIA!!!!

Back