The Brent Key Era

FightOn!Jacket

Banhammer'd
Ban Hammer'd
There are $10 million reasons why the OP could be right. And if you go by GT’s hires the past 12 years when pressed with a self inflicted buyout (Hewitt to Gregory to Pastner) it fits.

Dabo, Kirby, etc prove it can work if you have the $$$ to spend on top level assistants.

GTLiebs

Dodd-Like
There are $10 million reasons why the OP could be right. And if you go by GT’s hires the past 12 years when pressed with a self inflicted buyout (Hewitt to Gregory to Pastner) it fits.

Dabo, Kirby, etc prove it can work if you have the $$$ to spend on top level assistants.
If we're going to go cheap, no need to go for what must be one of the highest paid OL coaches out there.

FightOn!Jacket

Banhammer'd
Ban Hammer'd
If we're going to go cheap, no need to go for what must be one of the highest paid OL coaches out there.
Don’t disagree with you. That said, I think you know the likely outcome once the $10 million buyout is activated. I have a feeling there will be a lot of unhappy people when the hire on the cheap is announced and spun as a “up and coming” star In the coaching ranks.

Personally, I’ve said Sanders would be the HR hire since June, but if more brand name programs come open, that option looks more and more like a long shot. Auburn could be looking starting tomorrow.

GTLiebs

Dodd-Like
Don’t disagree with you. That said, I think you know the likely outcome once the $10 million buyout is activated. I have a feeling there will be a lot of unhappy people when the hire on the cheap is announced and spun as a “up and coming” star In the coaching ranks.

Personally, I’ve said Sanders would be the HR hire since June, but if more brand name programs come open, that option looks more and more like a long shot. Auburn could be looking starting tomorrow.
Hopefully Leipold at Kansas is going to provide another target for teams to go after. We prolly can't afford him with buying out his recently extended contract.

Wrecked

Varsity Lurker
As a Tech fan, I hope his interim goes well and he gives us a reason to interview him for the permanent job. Who knows he could be our Dabo.

WracerX

Dr. Dunkingstein
As a Tech fan, I hope his interim goes well and he gives us a reason to interview him for the permanent job. Who knows he could be our Dabo.
This is the best possible outcome. The people who pushed Collins will push for Key. We can evaluate him without a multi million dollar buyout.