The circle is now complete.

**DONOTDELETE**

Banhammer'd
Ban Hammer'd
1. Oleary leaves GT for Notre Dame.
2. Oleary gets canned at Notre Dame.
3. GT staff outcoaches Willingham in bowl.
4. Notre Dame hires Willingham.

I am laughing and I look forward to causing Willingham much pain in 2006 when I am sure he will be on the hot seat. After 2 years of florida state and 2 years of tennessee, Willingham will probably be thinking fondly of those Pac-10 patsies.

BeeStorm

go to the war room and click on independent and then go to ND nation (ND's board) and look at how they are trashing this hire

I sympathize with TW and I hope he does not regret this
pat.gif

one amusing thing at NDNation, in their poll, the users prefer OLeary to Willingham. After all their OLeary bashing Notre Dame now has a coach that averages 6.2 wins a year, wins 9 games this year in a weak conference that probably will not produce one bowl winner. Looks like more of same for our green wearing friends.
bigthumbup.gif

BeeStorm

TW seems to be a classy guy - hate to see him get trashed like this, but that is the nature of the beast, I guess.

I am somewhat surprised at him taking the job, but I guess $$ and prestige are huge drivers at this level. He apparently was peeved at his treatment by ND during the first round of the search, and was not actually interviewed until O'Leary resigned. Here's hoping the move is a good one for him, but I think he will find out it is a mistake in just a few short years.

Think about it - at Stanford, they want you to graduate your players, hug a few trees, keep your nose clean, and oh, by the way it would be nice if you win 6-7 games per year. At ND, they don't care about the first three if you don't hit the top ten every year and play for the MNC every 3-4 years. Could be a tough thing for him, and he doesn't have the Irish Catholic thing going for him, either!

I wish him luck, but I am no fan of the Irish and the Golden Dome, so I hope he takes his $2-3MM per year and enjoys his next job after ND!

GO JACKETS!!

TW hired coach Mac to come to ND.

CONGRATS to MAC.
bigthumbup.gif

SCRATCH THAT! NEWS IS NOW RETRACTING STORY, SORRY, HOPE MAC FINDS JOB SOON

You people have got to check out the NDnation they are UPSET over this TW hire

Back