The Diesel # 21 hating on Tech

Bluegrass_Jacket

Varsity Lurker
I am not sure if aliens took over Dwyer's body or this is how he really feels, but he posted this on his Facebook:

Jon Dwyer Its a shame bc no matter wat UGA tennesse or anybodies record they have a packed out game no matter wat bc they are loyal fans came to games last yr bc we where winning..that shoes more and more how hypocritical ppl are and just like kyle jackson until we get pack out games u can kiss the fact of being on college gamed...ay and receiving big time recruits goodbye..it also has the effects on the players

See More minutes ago ·LikeUnlike · Comment · View Feedback (7)Hide Feedback (7)
  • 2 people like this.
    • Jon Dwyer i really hope georgia tech fans get themselves together 9 minutes ago · LikeUnlike · 1 person2 people like this.

• Roderick Sweeting im telling u 5 minutes ago · LikeUnlike

• Trey Jones Falcons play the saints on MNF the same day in Atlanta. I am not missing that 5 minutes ago · LikeUnlike

• Jon Dwyer seee wat im talkin about? my point... 3 minutes ago · LikeUnlike

• Jon Dwyer scoob its sick man..like why cant yall be loyal..we bust are bodies week and week out to come to play and we barely see anybody in the stands..but UGA or whoever it is can be 3-6 and that stadium is rockin bc they care about there guys man and players respond to that... 2 minutes ago · LikeUnlike

• John Herrmann We are an elite school and our fan base is small as a result+ our stadium blows (we'd sellout if they made it a modern football stadium like UGA or UT). about a minute ago · LikeUnlike

Someone needs to let Dwyer know about the 10,000+ unused student tickets per game for UGA this year, and that's student tickets alone. Our worst day this year had 10,000 empty seats in the entire stadium, counting students, alumni, and sidewalk fans combined.

GT is a small school with difficult entry requirements who's graduates go all over the world when they get out. Jon should understand this.

I've been drunk and wrote on facebook too. It happens from time to time. I'm going to assume that's what is going on here.

Two things: (1) many on here have said the same things about our fan base so while it upsets me at the level of a southern man should know better than to air dirty laundry in public, I'm not bothered that he feels that way; (2) his grammar from a modern Tech man almost made me cry; it's worse than mack's :biggthumpup:

I loved Diesel, but he needs to go back to school if the NFL doesn't work out. How can you make it at Tech for 3 years and not know the difference between "where" and "were", "shows" and "shoes", "their" and "there".
And Tech has loyal fans, just not as many as Uga or Tenn. I was at every home game Diesel ever played in, as were many others.
BTW Diesel, Gameday doesn't care how many fans there are. They want a compelling matchup of top tier teams. Maybe these players should look in the mirror if they want to know why we aren't on gameday much.

our good friend Dede is responding. That bitch just waits for a player to write **** on facebook

I would guess average attendance/alumni living within driving distance ratio is as good or better for Tech than most places. UGA has 25k students. If 80% stay within driving distance of Athens, then that's about 250k alumni from the last forty years. That's not including people like wives and sidewalk fans.

Similar numbers for schools like UT, Clemson, etc. And those schools are also not in a city like Atlanta with a lot of transplants. In Alabama, the only sport around college football, period. They don't have that many fewer people than Georgia, but they have no pro teams worth talking about.

So there's a lot of reasons that don't involve Tech fan "hardcore-ness" for why we have attendance issues. I'll admit it sucks for recruiting, but hopefully it will get better as we start winning.

I have been a season ticket holder for 26 years and I drove from Kentucky for every home game plus the clempsun and ugag game this year. I was at the freezing cold Orange Bowl game watching Dwyer run 20 yards the wrong way and almost get a freaking saftey.

I bleed Gold and White and he only uses Tech for a few years and now dumps on it? Give me a break...

Let me know when a stadium makes a difference. I use to enjoy playing in a small HS stadium and cow pasture.

Ugay 's stadium has won how many MNC's?

The 'alumni effect' is a popular one, but you should all realize that a significant part of GT and uga fans are not even alumni.

I usually have a policy to not talk **** about GT athletes, but Jon is toeing that line.

Wasn't the stadium much larger at one part? Was it always sold out then? (too young then to know)

I loved Diesel, but he needs to go back to school if the NFL doesn't work out. How can you make it at Tech for 3 years and not know the difference between "where" and "were", "shows" and "shoes", "their" and "there".
And Tech has loyal fans, just not as many as Uga or Tenn. I was at every home game Diesel ever played in, as were many others.
BTW Diesel, Gameday doesn't care how many fans there are. They want a compelling matchup of top tier teams. Maybe these players should look in the mirror if they want to know why we aren't on gameday much.

I agree. The poor grammar from a college graduate makes me embarrassed that he got his degree from GT. I sure hope he was drunk, or maybe has a very poor speech-to-text translator. Because, damn.

The problem isn't Dwyer, the problem is that this sentiment is shared by a large percentage of the team.

I'm really getting tired of seeing our athletes (or ex-athletes) bitch and moan on facebook. shut the fuck up and play football. woe is me! woe is me!

Back