The NCAA and transfer waivers

DaDodd

Varsity Lurker
https://www.chicagotribune.com/spor...ford-ncaa-transfer-waiver-20190424-story.html

I know this about a former uga player but this is messed up. The NCAA needs to get their crap together. They're denying players who have legitimate reasons to transfer and accepting others who just whine about not playing or winning the job. This twitter post says it all.

https://247sports.com/attachments/upload_2019-4-25_10-12-10-png.5668/

johncu

Dodd-Like
At this point, the NCAA might as well drop the charade of waivers. Players know that all they have to do is make up a fake "hardship", put minimal effort into justifying it, and they'll be able to play right away.

ContactBuzz

Probably Drinks Cosmopolitans
Do these players contribute to our paychecks - Yes: waiver granted

Do these players contribute to our paychecks - No: waiver pending

smokey_wasp

Dodd-Like
The NCAA is incapable of impartially deciding on each individual waiver. Give everyone a free one and you sit and lose a year on the second one unless you have graduated

TampaBayJacket

Dodd-Like
The Justin Fields one is total horseshit. Granted a waiver because UGA "created an uncomfortable racial environment"?? I mean, even the biggest racist, redneck UGA fan worships the ground those players walk on, black or white. Why aren't any other players coming forward to report uncomfortable environments?

xenoabe

Flats Noob
The Justin Fields one is total horseshit. Granted a waiver because UGA "created an uncomfortable racial environment"?? I mean, even the biggest racist, redneck UGA fan worships the ground those players walk on, black or white. Why aren't any other players coming forward to report uncomfortable environments?
You mean like his sister, who is still an SA there?

Architorture23

If ur players know u luv them, then u already won.
Still a better argument than Tate Martell had.

Yukonwreck

Dodd-Like
I think it should be all or none. No exceptions. No favoritism. Sit out or don’t sit. But the same across the board. Same thing with penalties. If this rule is broken you get this penalty regardless of school.
What kind of monster are you? No favoritism? Heresy !

BranMart

Vegetables taste like sad.
Is Ezzard getting a waiver? 247 still shows him sitting one. Coaching change is as good a reason as any.

JJacket

Declared dead for tax purposes.
Is Ezzard getting a waiver? 247 still shows him sitting one. Coaching change is as good a reason as any.
From what I read on his twitter the few times I have seen it, he expects to play this upcoming season

Vespidie

Dodd-Like
I think it should be all or none. No exceptions. No favoritism. Sit out or don’t sit. But the same across the board. Same thing with penalties. If this rule is broken you get this penalty regardless of school.
That makes entirely too much sense, and would cost a lot of people jobs at the NCAA penal system HQ.