The New Acc and Bowl alignments

Hedgeplague

Varsity Lurker
Anyone have a thought on whether the conference is working on additional or more tie-ins now that it is at 12 teams?

The ACC may pick up an Outback Slot that belonged to the SEC.

And the SEC may pick up the Big East's Gator slot.

It's basically a wash for the SEC and a big win for the ACC.

The problem with the Outback is that they aren't a very good bowl partner with the SEC or Big 10 in their selections. They don't tow the party line. They also have an 11 am start time. But they pay $2+ million and are on New Years. So that's good.

Barnyard said on 790 that the SEC's Bowl contract ends in 2 years w/ the Outback so there may be changes. That's good b/c in 2 years the new ACC will be set in stone and the Big East will be complete garbage.

Great time for some moves.

(all of this would just piss off the Peach as they would be moving 1 more down the ACC's pecking order).

I believe the ORANGE bowl will be OUR'S...Just as the Sugar is the sec's...To me (Out of the big 4 bowls) it is my favorite and the weather is awesome in January..Warmest in the U.S...

Certainty on the Orange with the two top Florida schools in the ACC.

The Peach has to be happy dropping one spot considering the teams that were added. IMHO it is a net increase of one if your scenario is the final outcome.

thanks yoda...would like to see a mid-continent tie in as well so as to get some more diversity...(though I suppose its good to be careful what you wish for)

not sure...but as for the playoff location, my vote would be Jacksonville.

I would think a lot of things would have to shake out by next month...Is Boston College coming next year or not? As to an Acc championship game and to where it will be played. .and the NEW bowl tie ins will certainly start to take shape...I think the Orange Bowl will be a certain Lock for the ACC..Then ALL the top 4 Conferences would have their 1 major BCS Championship Bowl secured....Sugar-sec...Orange-ACC...Big10/Pac10-Rose...Of course with all 4 rotating for the so-called National Championship (Legite or not as in the case this year)Really the real issue is the NEW bowl's that the ACC might pick up...Possibilities are The Outback,Capital One and others.....

Back