The 'new' guys did very well & will be huge

GT Ace

Jolly Good Fellow
The \'new\' guys did very well & will be huge

for the Yellow Jackets this season. I was real pleased with the guys getting starts that are not holdovers from last yr.
1) Hollings was terrific. No mistakes. Terrific.
2) Suggs was sharp as a tack. Really looks to be a team leader & pinpoint accuracy for 1st game. He can really throw a fastball for a TD or a changeup for a TD & let's not forget the 30 yd pinpoint to Watkins. Bout as sharp as I wished for 1st gm.
3) Clinkscales did a nice job as 1st off the bench. 2 totes for 11 yds & a 23 yd KO return. He could be a factor on KOs. I like it.
4) Dixon really hits people from the FB spot. Played a lot of 2 back sets because of Jimmy's blocking. Very good start @ FB.
5) Wallace didn't get the drive blocking going, but as a true So did well on pass blocking. Can & will improve.
6) Hargrove played very well & has taken it up a notch. Very good DE vs run & pass. I like it.
7) Parker will make GT a very good DT. Light in the pants to be a big factor now, but will grow into it.
8) Cox looked mature & didn't do anything to hurt us, but didn't do anything to stand out either.

Re: The \'new\' guys did very well & will be huge

Cool thoughts! On Cox, can't remember the exact play, but he absolutely planted a guy on one play. Can't recall if it was a run around the end or a short pass. Cox stopped him in his tracks and drove him back short of the first down. That was one play that stood out with him. There weren't many yards after contact. It doesn't matter who you play that's good d.

On #4, who was the 3rd back when we ran the 3 back set? I couldn't make out who it was.

The only 3 back set I saw was when we had 2 WRs set off-tackle & 1 back behind Suggs. Suggs faked the handoff & pitched to the trailing WR, Watkins for 5 & Logan for 3.

Back