The "OFFICIAL" 2014 Butt Hurt Futures Market

I'll short now until Sept 19, then go long for the rest of the season.

Market Analysis: The butthurt value right now is marginal but it is solid, steady, and is expected to perform well. In the immediate I would suggest a strong hold with a lean towards shorting or selling for the next 3 week period.

You act as though butthurt is a commodity which is going to be purchased by people who want to be butt hurt after some negative event. But really, you're misinterpreting the situation. Butthurt is produced by those people.

It's valued by trolls who want to elicit reactions. In times of great butthurt, it's very easy for a troll to go to any thread on any message board and be successful. It's in good times, when there isn't much butthurt to be found, that the trolls have to fight over every scrap, thus driving the price of butthurt up for the purpose of derivatives valuation.

Trolls are the buyers. Butthurt fans are the sellers. Speculators purchase the derivatives, although I suppose some fans and trolls may also use them for hedging if they consider money acceptable compensation for being pissed off by trolls or being unable to find someone to troll, respectively.

Don't dabble in the futures market if you don't even know the major players.

Andrew gets it.

Bitching and complaining about our football team was simpler when Chan was head coach.

12f250e458003023c6c47b583e28538873ba6295a57265c5299ea62c3ed0e8fe.jpg

I don't understand the concept of "butthurt" as I think it's pretty öööö stupid, but...

I don't think we're going to be very good. We'll lose to the usual suspects. Does that mean I'm buying or selling?

I don't understand the concept of "butthurt" as I think it's pretty öööö stupid, but...

I don't think we're going to be very good. We'll lose to the usual suspects. Does that mean I'm buying or selling?

If you have to ask, you can't afford it

If that's how you feel, you need to buy buy buy. You can cash in at any point during the season or after the season when you feel butt hurt is at its highest. Of course you can always hold onto the butthurt if you feel that it will only increase the following year.

You act as though butthurt is a commodity which is going to be purchased by people who want to be butt hurt after some negative event. But really, you're misinterpreting the situation. Butthurt is produced by those people.

It's valued by trolls who want to elicit reactions. In times of great butthurt, it's very easy for a troll to go to any thread on any message board and be successful. It's in good times, when there isn't much butthurt to be found, that the trolls have to fight over every scrap, thus driving the price of butthurt up for the purpose of derivatives valuation.

Trolls are the buyers. Butthurt fans are the sellers. Speculators purchase the derivatives, although I suppose some fans and trolls may also use them for hedging if they consider money acceptable compensation for being pissed off by trolls or being unable to find someone to troll, respectively.

Don't dabble in the futures market if you don't even know the major players.

Do you have a newsletter and how do I subscribe to it?

I think the entire BHF market went offline sometime around halftime of the TAMU/USCe game.

Re: The "OFFICIAL" 2014 Butt Hurt Market

How many times are we gonna return to this well!?

I'm going to play the butthurt market. I'll sell the first three games and then buy them all up when we play VT and keep buying throughout the season, and then cash out after the inevitable UGA and bowl loss. I'll finally be able to quit StingTalk.

This is a risky play. If we somehow beat UGA, your butthurt futures will absolutely bottom out.

Me, I'm a conservative investor. Buying heavy after the first three games, selling immediately after the 1st loss. Easy money.

I feel like it certainly isn't a push decision. The soft schedule could easily yield an improved record. But the attrition is getting severe in some areas, particularly DL. If JT can't return the offense to its previous potency to counteract what looks to be a potentially terrible defense against the short pass and power running game ... it could get ugly out there.

So I guess right now I'm buying, but I've told my broker to be ready to fire sell.

I don't know if I can adequately describe how absolutely critical it is for PJ to show marked improvement this year. Another round of 0-fer against teams with a pulse and it is over. And unlike when Gailey departed, I cannot readily name somebody better equipped to have success here. And I have zero confidence in Bobinsquatch so far. Best possible outcome is for PJ to get 8+ wins, including a win over UGAg and a bowl win, and get Bobinsquatch to further de-retard the recruiting restrictions and process.

Andrew to simplify the matter. I called it the Butthurt Futures Market because that's what it has been refered to time and again on the board., In reality, butt hurt is just purely an investment to be bought, sold, shorted, or held. If the team wins and/or performs well, butt hurt declines in value. If the team loses and/or doesn't perform well, butthurt can increase in value. Obviously the name of the game is to buy low and sell high. If you're a day trader or a weekly trader, your strategy of buying and selling may be different than someone who is strictly in it for the long haul and is acting for the entire season.

Who can play the Butthurt market the best? That remains to be seen.

I feel like it certainly isn't a push decision. The soft schedule could easily yield an improved record. But the attrition is getting severe in some areas, particularly DL. If JT can't return the offense to its previous potency to counteract what looks to be a potentially terrible defense against the short pass and power running game ... it could get ugly out there.

So I guess right now I'm buying, but I've told my broker to be ready to fire sell.

I don't know if I can adequately describe how absolutely critical it is for PJ to show marked improvement this year. Another round of 0-fer against teams with a pulse and it is over. And unlike when Gailey departed, I cannot readily name somebody better equipped to have success here. And I have zero confidence in Bobinsquatch so far. Best possible outcome is for PJ to get 8+ wins, including a win over UGAg and a bowl win, and get Bobinsquatch to further de-retard the recruiting restrictions and process.

The value of butthurt shall not be affected by your attempts to increase it with this post.

Andrew gets it.

i dont think so. he is confused because he does not understand the Law of Conservation of Temperament.

Butthurt is neither created nor destroyed, merely transformed from one form to another.

now, historically we have used different names to categorize the current value of the existing Temperament; so when the existing Temperament is positive, enthusiastic and expectant, we call that "Glee" or "Giddy" or "Gold-color Glasses" or similar.

When the Temperament reduces to average price levels, we call it "Accepting Mediocrity" or "Same as it ever was".

on this board, we tend to have many who view even average price levels (when compared to other Emotional Investments) as negative. We have consistently focused on the Temperament when the values are low, and we have used with abandon the Butthurt term as a pseudo-replacement for Temperament even though it is actually a description of the Temperament when values are low. (I guess that proves that in fact we do NOT accept Mediocrity.)

so, given that the total Temperament is constant (normalized to a per person basis) and can only increase with the introduction of new Poor Souls with Temperament (your offspring or illegal immigrants or the expanding TV market for American football into rest of the world), it is true that the VALUES of Temperament are changing just like a classic investment stock

so, it is just a nomenclature issue. the VALUE of Temperament is changing, not the per person amount of Temperament

however, due to historical classification conventions we StingTalkers have substituted the term Butthurt for Temperament

i hope that this clears up any confusion held by the novice poster, or those unaware of the Law of Conservation of Temperament.

(you might note that since sports is a zero-sum game, when one fan-base increases Temperament (eg, "butthurt goes down") the other decreases Temperament (eg, "butthurt goes up")

alternatively, like our SEC rivals, we could use "National Championship Contender" as a substitute term for Temperament and it would work the same way but from the reversed perspective

Trade at your own risk
WarnTrader1.gif

*BuzzCzar denies and refutes any claim of fidoucheiary responsibility and does not accept any claim that investment advice has been offered or made. All risk lies with the trader and not with BuzzCzar, despite his obvious awesomeness and the desire of many to emulate him. if you dont #ADK then stay away

Never thought I'd see BOR as the ringleader of the butt parties.

Back