The ol' football coach...

GEETEELEE

We suck this much.
Spurrier is still soaking that butt in ice after having Greyson Lambert (!) set an NCAA passing record against him and put up 50 on him, just before Spurrier quit in midseason because "it's not fun anymore." But yeah--he's great with that trolling. Left SC in disaster zone shape, but he's was a Hall of Frame troller.

Spurrier is still soaking that butt in ice after having Greyson Lambert (!) set an NCAA passing record against him and put up 50 on him, just before Spurrier quit in midseason because "it's not fun anymore." But yeah--he's great with that trolling. Left SC in disaster zone shape, but he's was a Hall of Frame troller.

I have, through scientific means, detected unusually high quantities of salt in this post.

Now correct me if I'm wrong but didn't the great SOS give USCe some of their best years in school history? Didn't he turn around UF along with winning a championship and dominating the SEC East?

Spurrier is 17-7 all time versus Georgia, I doubt he gives a squishy öööö about one game from some random year. He went 4-4 versus UGA at freaking USCe.

Sorry dude, he backed up his talk, much like Tua Tagovailoa was able to back up his team.

Now correct me if I'm wrong but didn't the great SOS give USCe some of their best years in school history? Didn't he turn around UF along with winning a championship and dominating the SEC East?

Spurrier is 17-7 all time versus Georgia, I doubt he gives a squishy öööö about one game from some random year. He went 4-4 versus UGA at freaking USCe.

Sorry dude, he backed up his talk, much like Tua Tagovailoa was able to back up his team.
I think he beat Dabo 4 straight years, and if it had been a fifth, Dabo would be an assistant at Bama now.

Sure, there's absolutely no doubt he ended up doing a great job at SC. Now, it took him a while, but that's not surprising considering Holtz left the program in poor shape as all SC coaches (including Spurrier) end up doing. Basically he had three straight 11-win seasons, which is outstanding anywhere, particularly there. But once his recruiting coordinator left, it went into the toilet. Spurrier has never cared about the work of recruiting. He's a brilliant coach. This is why I suspect he'd struggle a bit more than folks think at Tech. Nick Chubb visited Columbia twice on his own, and Spurrier didn't bother to meet him. Chubb wa probably always going to UGA, but SC fans were furious Spurrier made no attempt to recruit him.

As for his all-time record against UGA, a whole bunch of it was at Florida vs. Goff. He DID turn the series around, because when he got there UGA was dominating it. He's a Hall of Fame coach. But his comment here, "It talking made a difference," is very strange, because Richt did no talking at all and Spurrier did it constantly--while losing at SC against Richt. Trash talking is fine, but it should make sense.

I have, through scientific means, detected unusually high quantities of salt in this post.
You're not wrong. I see Spurrier as a Hall of Fame coach and an amateur human being. And a lot of anecdotes about his off-field behavior back that up. He was absolutely terrific in his best years--I just don't think much of walking away from his players in the middle of a season because it "wasn't fun anymore" for him personally. Also, for example, demanding The State fire a sportswriter, and having them hire an old buddy fan boy to cover the team--amateur human being stuff.

I will always love the old ball coach. Cool story bro moment: I dated one of his nieces in college. She hated sports and had only met him once in her life.

Isnt he supposedly coming back to coach in the AAF or whatever they are calling it?

Funny to hear smart say that after the negative recruiting he employed against bama after he absconded with their recruiting list.

Back