The only good 'pack' is a 6-pack!

beeware

Jolly Good Fellow
The only good \'pack\' is a 6-pack!

TECH has beaten NC State 6 out of the last 7 years. Their only win during this time frame was 2 years ago when they completely fluked us in overtime.

What NC State has done this year is something we could easily have done if we had a decent coaching staff that didn't have such a HUGE learning curve.

This game coulda, shoulda, woulda be a very winnable game for us; that is...if Chan Gailey wants to take the time out of his busy semi-retirement to prepare the team for a whole game.

At least we can hope....but it is amazing how many folks are so willing to lower the expectations for our program to accomodate this mediocre staff. We should be expecting and demanding excellence.

It was a great win over Virginia....I think our team was very prepared to beat them 40-0; but our coaches decision to play the second half in a not to lose mode nearly cost us the game.

Regardless, it was a great homecoming win. I sat in the East stands for the first time in many years to try to change our luck. It seemed to have worked.

Re: The only good \'pack\' is a 6-pack!

Well you make sure you haul you a** to Raleigh- Durham b/c Tech needs this win as well.

SPanieric.gif

Originally posted by beeware:
TECH has beaten NC State 6 out of the last 7 years. Their only win during this time frame was 2 years ago when they completely fluked us in overtime.

What NC State has done this year is something we could easily have done if we had a decent coaching staff that didn't have such a HUGE learning curve.

This game coulda, shoulda, woulda be a very winnable game for us; that is...if Chan Gailey wants to take the time out of his busy semi-retirement to prepare the team for a whole game.

At least we can hope....but it is amazing how many folks are so willing to lower the expectations for our program to accomodate this mediocre staff. We should be expecting and demanding excellence.

It was a great win over Virginia....I think our team was very prepared to beat them 40-0; but our coaches decision to play the second half in a not to lose mode nearly cost us the game.

Regardless, it was a great homecoming win. I sat in the East stands for the first time in many years to try to change our luck. It seemed to have worked.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Yep, it was a shame that the veteran staff from last year really dropped the ball when we had more talent and an easier home schedule as well; not too mention most of our rivals in a "down" year for them (see: Ugag, UVA, FSU,etc.).

I haven't lowered my expectations one bit. I still expect to average 7 to 8 wins a year (I predicted 8-4 this year) and be able to challenge the big boys once every 3 yrs. or so. If we find our way into even a minor bowl this year, I'll take it at this point. I was very worried after the Maryland game that the staff had lost the players (similar to last year's after the UVA game).

I liked O'leary and appreciated what he did for the GT program. He was the right fit at the right time. However, let us keep in mind that last year's staff went 7-5 last year w/more talent than this year's team; we weren't coming off of any titles. Regardless, thank you to O'leary for what he accomplished here.

Let's see if the team can upset one of the three that we'll be underdogs in in Nov. and go to a bowl.

We'll have plenty to debate in the offseason--and I'm sure that recruiting will be a hot topic. We can then judge the staff on the results for this year as well as a full year to recruit.

c'mon guys .. there is no reason to reply to this post. this is a typical beeware fishing post after a good win.

here's the recipe:

1) make fun of the next opponent.
2) credit the team for the win.
3) point out that he was at the game cheering his "beloved" jackets.
4) point out that the team could have done much much better.
5) discredit the coaches for the team not doing much much better.
6) chastize the fans who are supporting Gailey.

and finally repeat same old story:

Nobody can coach at Tech.
Nobody can recruit at Tech.
MacWhorter is God.
How dare Dave Braine not hire God.

same story, different words.

go to old messages archived in this board and you will find one such post by beeware after every win. this is beeware's standard post after every win.

Back