The Perfect 30th (Long)

The Jacket

The Coat
Here's what I think would be the perfect day when we play the Mutts.
----------------------------------------------
It is cold and snowing outside or just cold and clear. I hate rain, especially during day games. I break out the Thanksgiving leftovers and a giant Tech Mug of Coke or Tea. I jump in the recliner and watch the Game Day previews and as Corso predicts UGAg to bash Tech. Game time finally arrives and the stadium is packed. The players are pumped and so are the fans (those who aren't drunk a.k.a. the ones wearing White and Gold) Our Jacket's silence the mutt fans early with a quick score as seen in the past few games. Some where in the game Daryl Smith intercepts an UGAg pass and runs it back for a 70 yard INT TD return. Our defense lays some big hits on the UGAg QB (Whichever one doesn't matter to me) and our offense is moving well. After halftime we fall behind a bit and the players are a little discouraged. But a player on the sidelines reminds the team that UGAg hasn't won in Athens since 1996 and that they ain't gonna start now. He rouses the troops and the Yellow Jacket's have a new buzz. As he turns to the side it is visible that the number on his jersey is...24.

Tech is pumped and the defense begins to pummel the mutts into the turf. Stop after stop after stop only pushes their adrenaline more. The offense comes out after Rhino gives them great field position on the punt return and the Golden Tornado starts marching. Clinkscale is a beast. He runs the ball down the throats of the pups and Suggs connects with Glover, Watkins, and Smith. The Jacket's are on the goal line as Suggs throws a pass to the corner and it's caught by often overlooked Levon Thomas. The game is tied. The Mutts get the ball and begin slowly moving down field. Tech is wreaking havoc in the back field however and the pups are forced to punt. Rhino is hit quick and the Jacket's start from their own 19 with 3 minutes remaining. Clinkscale again walks over the UGAg defense and with 21 seconds remaining the Yellow Jacket's are on the Georgia 40. Suggs takes a shotgun snap and throws a bullet to the 15 where Watkins makes a huge catch. He scampers out of bounds with 6 ticks remaining. Manget runs out on the field and sets up. The snap is made and Cool Foot Luke splits the uprights as time expires. The Georgia fans flea from the stadium and the players are in shock. The Ramblin' Wreck send's the Mutts to Atlanta with a bitter taste in their mouths as "Up with the White and Gold" rings throughout the stadium. All is not well in Athens and the rest of the world is perfect.

One other thing, I want to hear the mutt fans boo they're players...
drinking.gif

those who aren't drunk a.k.a. the ones wearing White and Gold
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Wait, I will be wearing White and Gold, but I might also be drunk. Careful with the generalizations.

TO HELL WITH GEORGIA!

The Jacket, Sounds good to me. Mine will be a little different, but hey the out come will be the same.

GO Jackets!

I have a couple of corrections/additions to my perfect 30th:

* My wife wakes up and (ummm, nevermind - I think it's still illegal in Georgia)

* No recliner - unless it's on the sidelines and it's within kicking distance of UGA.

* In an unfortunate Buzz pushup accident (due to too many pushups), Buzz falls off the podium and lands on Loren Smith, rendering his vocal cords useless for eternity. Buzz sustains no major injuries.

* The Wreck busts through hedges pregame (surprising everyone in the Stadium) driven by none other than Coach Gailey. Dooley (visibly upset) runs to the middle of the field yelling something in a deep southern drawl loosely translated to "get of my precious field". He unsuccessfully tries to slow the momentum of the Wreck with his feeble old body. No damage sustained to the Wreck.

* Wes Durham hijacks the press box and calls the game over the PA. The crowd is confused when Wes mispronounces the DEs surname - they're not sure if he's calling out his mistakes on the playing field or telling jokes about a certain group of people from Polland.

Sorry BN, I just don't see being drunk as appealing..

And yes, I think all Tech fans outcome is the same...unless they're crazy..
tongue.gif

Originally posted by The Jacket:
One other thing, I want to hear the mutt fans boo they're players...
drinking.gif
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">You mean like some Tech fans do to AJ? You know whats funny...it was just two years ago that we Tech fans were laughing at the mutts for booing their team when they were down to us at home. Flash to two years later and some here are doing the same thing. My how things change. Perhaps more Tech fans needs to put that in perspective before they boo their team.

Back