The shuffle pass at the end….

MoverofFridge2

Helluva Engineer
If you go back and hit the rewind button, which I did several times, if the right guard just stands in front of the linebacker instead of turning back inside then the TE walks into the end zone for a TD. It wasn’t even close. I’m not saying that cost us the ballgame, but it would have given us an opportunity for a two point conversion to tie.

If you go back and hit the rewind button, which I did several times, if the right guard just stands in front of the linebacker instead of turning back inside then the TE walks into the end zone for a TD. It wasn’t even close. I’m not saying that cost us the ballgame, but it would have given us an opportunity for a two point conversion to tie.
Which is probably why you let your playmakers make a play rather than your averagish tight end

It's a shame. I keep thinking I feel like we should have had a play for that exact scenario which we had down to a science and could run smoothly. Getting stopped is one thing, but to have a missed assignment or poor play cause it to fall apart after the madness of that entire game, that hurts.

Either way, they never gave up and if they had slacked off even a bit, none of those opportunities would have been there. Proud of the team, excited to see what we do against Carolina.

After rewatching it I agree I was heated about it at the time....moreso the play calling up to that point the stretch play was stupid wasted play should've been mason up the gut first two plays....hell one of them I would put Biggers in the backfield and told him ball snapped full steam ahead mason right behind you!!!

It's a shame. I keep thinking I feel like we should have had a play for that exact scenario which we had down to a science and could run smoothly. Getting stopped is one thing, but to have a missed assignment or poor play cause it to fall apart after the madness of that entire game, that hurts.

Either way, they never gave up and if they had slacked off even a bit, none of those opportunities would have been there. Proud of the team, excited to see what we do against Carolina.

missed assignment is my point exactly.

Which is probably why you let your playmakers make a play rather than your averagish tight end
Bah. You can second guess all you want to because hind sight is 20/20.
I'm just glad that we looked like we belong on the same field with Clemson again after years of being smaller, slower and weaker.

I didn't particularly care for that call but if it had worked, we would have all been lauding the playcall.

After rewatching it I agree I was heated about it at the time....moreso the play calling up to that point the stretch play was stupid wasted play should've been mason up the gut first two plays....hell one of them I would put Biggers in the backfield and told him ball snapped full steam ahead mason right behind you!!!

I concur on the blast play up the middle with mason or Gibbs.

I agree on missed block. There were other play calls that make you scratch your head. What is your opinion on 3rd and 3 pass short of line to gain?

I’m not sure a 4th and goal shovel pass to the TE works for most most teams. I wasn’t big on the play call myself, seems like a high risk play for that situation but I understand why he may have gone with it given the man coverage in the end zone on earlier attempts. I would have pitched it to Smith or Mason over a TE myself

You don’t shovel to the least athletic skill position player on the field with the game on the line. The last 4 plays didn’t make sense to me. Gash them up the middle in the last couple of drives and then with time and timeouts on your side start running sideways. Bad play calls in my opinion. Their defense was to fast to play horizontal.

We should have 10-12 red zone plays that we can run in our sleep yet it seems like a struggle to get the plays called everytime we are down there. I'd also like to see us make the defense defend the entire field instead of rolling to one side. Didn't hate the shovel pass.

I’m not sure a 4th and goal shovel pass to the TE works for most most teams. I wasn’t big on the play call myself, seems like a high risk play for that situation but I understand why he may have gone with it given the man coverage in the end zone on earlier attempts. I would have pitched it to Smith or Mason over a TE myself

I couldn’t agree more Scion. I was just making the point that if we get that one block we walk into the end zone.

Back