The stupidest series of events I have ever seen!..

bizzybee

Damn Good Rat
Been on the road, listening to Wes, and feeling pretty good, then we call TO and cannot get right formation so call another TO. With every Va defenseman up to line, we run the ball into the line! And people wonder what is wrong. Tsk, tsk.
pat.gif

yep, but it wasn't pretty in the second half.

btw...did Groh even shake hands..looks like an asshole to me.

Originally posted by ncjacket:
You guys are just a*******.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">sorry...my post got cut...it was supposed to be another great second half adjustment for UVA......great game...AJ played excellent

buzzin, sorry. I just can't stand "fans" who bitch and moan about everything. People have been climbing on BOB and CG about NOT running the ball on short yardage plays, now they do and the OL doesn't block and the RB dances instead of hitting the line (or going airborne) and they are stupid again. It's just too much sometimes.

understood....not a problem since it was my typo it was easy to make that mistake....I really enjoyed watching the offense in the first half and although the second half seemed slow they did what they had to to win the game.....

Outstanding first-half, AJ looked great, the O-line looked great, but I think that maybe CG needs to work on his half-time speech a little. Overall, though, excellent performance by the entire team and coaching staff.

I am always glad to see us win a game, but this was a poor performance by the defense, even in the first half.

The offense played not to lose in the second half instead of trying to win. Poor calls on offense cost us in the second half. We were passing against them very well and mixing in some good running plays during the first half.

In the second half, we became afraid to pass, and started running when they most expected it, and passed when they most expected it.

I am fed up with Tenuta, he cannot cut it at Tech. He does not have the defensive players trying to intercept, nor does he attempt to keep the offensive backs and receivers from catching the ball. He uses O'leary's tired old scheme of letting the receivers catch the ball then attempt to stop them. That philosophy went out with little league football.

It is still apparent, our defensive players are not being taught the art of tackling, too many missed tackles. It is really a pitiful effort by Tenuta. I would love to have a new OC and DC. Both of our present ones are inadequate.

Were were very lucky to win the game the way we were coached in the second half. We did not play agressive offensive or defensive football in the second half. In fact, we did not play agressive defensive ball in either half.

You do not have to play defense in the first half against Virginia. They are going through their practice routines in the first half, getting ready to play in the second half.

They really beat themselves by running on critical downs rather than passing. The short pass was there any time they wanted it.

Boo Tenuta.

One other gripe, there was absolutely no reason to withhold Bilbo from starting the second half of the game, especially since the coaches had decided to cut down on the passing.

Even though Suggs was a little more in sync, he still is overthrowing his passes way to often. You would think as much as they practice, he would not be throwing the ball out of bounds and behind the end zone, just out of reach of the receivers.

Where in hades is the quarterback coach?

drinking.gif

ahso, u r so right about D. If it was not for D. Smith making plays and Jeremy making int. at end, I predict we would have lost. Our D line cannot put any pressure on a "slow" qb.

Before the game, CG said D has not made a big play, int. & run back, fumble recovery and run back, all season. He said we need some of those mixed in. All season, I have heard Wes say "almost intercepted". Today, Kim King said "one day our guys will hold on to the ball to complete int.". Wes says, "hit him in the wrong place, right in the hands". I mean, if we truly have athletes, why can they not catch the ball? Man!

I am relieved that we were able to win, but, my gosh, it got real shaky when UVA started to play in 2nd half. If not for Jeremy, whoa, Nellie!
rolleyes.gif

LOL!! Yellow, you will wake up in cold sweat after having kicked off all the covers!
grin.gif

Yeah, ole Virginny kinda acted like they hated to lose there towards the end. Good win!

ahsoisee, you make some good points but don't think you are coming from a very balanced view. On Suggs, I saw one pass out of the end zone that wasn't thrown away. On one he was being pressured and just threw it away to avoid the sack IMO. One was a clear overthrow, the receiver had no chance, and one was dropped by Watkins.

UVA has a very good offense period. We took away the running game but it's not possible to take everything away from an offense IMO unless you have clearly superior personnel. If our D line could get a consistent pass rush w/o blitzing we could cover the short passes much tighter. Since they can't we have to leave an area uncovered to help out.

BTW you do know that we are in the top 20 defensively on points allowed don't you? Don't you think you're being a little harsh on Tenuta? We aren't great, but I thought it was about scoring points not stats.

For the rest of the week? We haven't stopped a screen pass since the dreaded Hines Ward screen!!!!!!!!

Good win though!

drinking.gif
Win or lose, we drink the booze!

NCJacket, yes I am being hard on Tenuta, and I hope both he and Gailey read my post about the pathetic defense on short passes.

blue.gif

AHS, We were missing a KEY member of Def in FOX.So the pass DEf in space was weak .Poor A. Brown had a tough time getting the cobwebs off after not playing much in yrs.(which also is a problem).
I'm not sure how you could be real unhappy with a Def that holds to 15 pts a quality Off team with a 6 game winning streak.We ain't OKla U but considering we don't have Gathers and Fox,not bad at all.I'll take a 15 pt game EVERY WEEK.

YellowJacket, you are right, Groh had a little touch of babyitis. He does look like an asshole. Speaking of which, he can't hold a candle to this week's - Amato.

AAR for this week - (That's ACC Asshole Rankings)
Richt - Ok, he's not in ACC, but deserves an ahole category anyway.
1. Amato
2. Bowden, Tommy
3. Groh

Amato is coaching the trash talking, thug image ala FSU but State can't back it up. Yeah Yeah they are undefeated but on a crappy schedule. If they stay there a few years maybe.

Back