The vote is still today, right?

The Jacket

The Coat
Is the vote as to whether to extend official invitations to Miami, Syracuse and BC still set for today?

Looks like Duke and North Carolina have changed their minds... the whole thing may be tabled..

Per the San Antonio Express News the vote is for today. If the Dookey's and UNC table this then I feel that Tech and others have no option but to withdraw from the ACC and form another conference or join the BE assuming that the BE will eliminate the roundball only schools and form an all sports conference.

I agree. Then Dook, North Carolina, Wake, State and The Turtles could roundball themselves to their little hearts content and we could get on to what really matters - FOOTBALL!

Originally posted by oldfoggy:
Per the San Antonio Express News the vote is for today. If the Dookey's and UNC table this then I feel that Tech and others have no option but to withdraw from the ACC and form another conference or join the BE assuming that the BE will eliminate the roundball only schools and form an all sports conference.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">OF: Totally agree! But even if Duke and UNC say no and everybody else says yes - it's a go. The swing vote here could be UVA! If they say no, I say goodbye to this conference.

Originally posted by oldfoggy:
Understand MsTA, but if DOOK or NC twists some arms (ie WF,UVA or others) the yes could be a no real quick. Then I think Tech should explore other options.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Of: Agree again. I'd saddended by this and truly hope Tech and others in the ACC makes a stand to explore other options as well.

I agree that if this thing is shot down, then we as well as some others should leave. One thing I always like to have is an estimation of time. Does anyone have an estimation of howlong this jump would take?

We and the others would have to fulfill our obligations as far game scheduling goes, but we could actually withdraw anytime with proper notice to the ACC.

I sure hope that it doesn't come to it. But if expansion is blocked, the ACC may be a sinking ship waiting to happen. Tech's established good rivalries with Virginia, Carolina, and State. I hope that there's a way to work this out. It would be so nice to see Miami play in BDS or Death Valley.
rolleyes.gif

Which of the present teams in the ACC do you think would pull out and form another conference without hesitation?

My guess is Georgia Tech, Florida State, and Clemson for sure. I would think Maryland, North Carolina State and Wake Forest might be tempted to leave. If at least four left, I believe Virginia would also leave.

I think both North Carolina State and Wake Forest would be strongly tempted to split with North Carolina and Duke if they saw the ACC crumbling.

drinking.gif

I agree.....definitely GT, CU, FSU, and maybe Virginia and N.C. State? Not really sure about State though...they're so closely linked to basketball.

I don't think Wake would be enticing to any other conference. I would think that the three most likely to split, in that event, would be Clemson, FSU and TECH. We are the three that really don't revolve around a basketball. Does anyone think the BE could totally realign itself without the Saint John's and Georgetown basketball-type schools, pick up us three and PSU? Is that even desireable?

Understand MsTA, but if DOOK or NC twists some arms (ie WF,UVA or others) the yes could be a no real quick. Then I think Tech should explore other options.

I agree with Duke & UNC voting "no" until the two divisions are specified and confirmed. One shouldn't vote for something when you don't know what you're getting.

The three Big East teams, Maryland & Virginia definitely belong in the "North Division". All the other ACC teams definitely belong in the "South Division", but that leaves seven teams. Who's the odd man out to go to the "North Division"?

Also, I agree with Virginia voting "no" if Va. Tech is not invited.
drinking.gif

Back