The Worst Call of the Day

77GTFan

Dodd-Like
Was hurrying up on fourth and a long one after a bad spot. It was early fourth quarter and we were down 10. We showed we could score two TD’s in the remaining time. I would have loved to challenge the spot and used the time to consider what you wanted to do, and if going for it really think through the play call. In our haste we botched things up and got behind 17.

Was hurrying up on fourth and a long one after a bad spot. It was early fourth quarter and we were down 10. We showed we could score two TD’s in the remaining time. I would have loved to challenge the spot and used the time to consider what you wanted to do, and if going for it really think through the play call. In our haste we botched things up and got behind 17.

Needed to be a ‘draw them offsides’ play.

There is some merit to trying to catch them off guard. If it had worked, would've been a great call.

I didn't understand the play-calling at all. Are you telling me Syracuse has better players than FSU? No way! Cuse D played to stop the run and we could not get pressure on their QB. That was the difference.

Should have given the replay booth time to stop play on their own or at least our own guys time to watch a replay to see if the red flag should have been thrown, take the play clock

But the worst was not going for 2 after the 2nd to last TD, all the other ones could be considered more like 75/25 decisions, but going for 2 there should have been 100%

Agree. It was a terrible spot for starters, and other than that, it exposed an issue I’ve seen where defenses can time our snap based on the motion. Their guy timed the snap perfectly.

Declining the chop block penalty on the last drive was a bigger mistake. Foolish. Take the penalty. Pin them back deep. They would have just ran two running plays to burn our TOs and played for the punt. We would have gotten the ball back.

I really like Haynes King, but to me, that looked like a read, and he made the 100% wrong read. If he kept that ball he gets the first down easily. I don’t think there was anything wrong with the coach’s decision, or the play call.

At least we don’t have to worry about anybody making a move on Buster and lane kiffin poaching anyone for at least a couple of weeks

Back