The worst coach in the ACC

chilidogking

Damn Good Rat
Thought I was going to say Chan, didn't you?

Wrong, it's Tommy Bowden. I can't wait for him to get fired and join his sorry-a$$ brother in the broadcasting booth.

Even if we start 0-3, we're going to win the 4th game of the season. Clemson sucks!!!

Don't forget Bunting and Dukes. Bowden maybe the first to get rode outta town on a rail but Dukes and Bunting may not be far behind.

edit - sorry, meant Franks

Did anyone see Bunting smiling at halftime when he was interviewed? His team was getting their butt kicked and he had no fire. Wow.

When I consider Gailey's level of interest, I always come back to one thing - he chose staying to oversee the Dolphins' "offense" in the playoffs over coming to GT to recruit.

Let's be honest here - why did the Dolphins need this guy around? They hadn't memorized the 6 plays in his playbook by then?

"It's not about what happens in game 1 as much as about what happens in game 12." Is he serious? That just means he won't mind getting his a$$ handed to him for 11 weeks before GA crushes us yet again. Say what you will about O'Leary, but he was never satisfied with anything that came out of a loss. He didn't believe in moral victories. Chan Gailey is playing for moral victories.

Beau Bock is starting to look like Nostradamus...

I don't mean to take a harsh tone with Coach Gailey and accuse him of being a bum because I don't think that's what it is. But you have to consider this. Except for Bowden who is old enough and has proven enough to be mailing it in, Gailey has the LEAST motivational reason to need to succeed as a college head coach. If you consider pro coaching to be the height of the game, Gailey has less to prove reputation-wise than all of the hungrier coaches in conference who have only been college assistants or pro assistants or small program coaches. He may honestly want to try, but just simply not have the drive for this job that a Friedgen, Grobe or Amato does. Even Groh can't say that he head coached the Cowboys and was the OC for two Super Bowl teams. Remember, it is not just Gailey against himself, it is Gailey against the motivation and skills of other coaches week in and week out.

Gray Ghost, your post makes no sense. Gailey told Ugag the prior year and told Braine before he was offered a position that he wouldn't leave until the Dolphin's season was over. That speaks to commitment not lack of interst. Now you can make your case that Braine shouldn't have offered the job, but Gailey did exactly as he said he would.

The comment about game 12 vs game 1 is simply that you have to improve over the course of the year. Anyone who reads that statement in context and takes away from it that it's okay to lose games needs to retake the GED.

Listen, if people don't like Chan that's fine by me. He wasn't my first choice and I'm not claiming he's a great coach but he's Tech's coach. If you don't like him say it, and stop making öööö up. (GG not directed solely at you).

"Anyone who reads that statement in context and takes away from it that it's okay to lose games needs to retake the GED."

laugh.gif

Funny one, ncjacket!

Originally posted by ncjacket:
Gray Ghost, your post makes no sense. Gailey told Ugag the prior year and told Braine before he was offered a position that he wouldn't leave until the Dolphin's season was over. That speaks to commitment not lack of interst. Now you can make your case that Braine shouldn't have offered the job, but Gailey did exactly as he said he would.

The comment about game 12 vs game 1 is simply that you have to improve over the course of the year. Anyone who reads that statement in context and takes away from it that it's okay to lose games needs to retake the GED.

Listen, if people don't like Chan that's fine by me. He wasn't my first choice and I'm not claiming he's a great coach but he's Tech's coach. If you don't like him say it, and stop making öööö up. (GG not directed solely at you).
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Good post. So the appropriate way to voice displeasure with what's going on between the lines and outside the lines is to hold Dave Braine responsible? If that's your answer, then I agree 100%.

Originally posted by Gray Ghost:

<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">What was Beau Bock's statement about CCG and our YJ's?

Originally posted by Wreck n Roll:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Originally posted by Gray Ghost:

<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">What was Beau Bock's statement about CCG and our YJ's?</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">No, It's Beau Bocks career that is starting to look like Nostradamus, dried up and dead.

Currently the best to worst coaches in the ACC:

1. Friedgen/Maryland
2. Grobe/Wake Forest
3. Bobby Bowden/FSU
4. Groh/Virginia
5. Amato/NC State
6. Bunting/North Carolina
7. Franks/Dook
8. Tommy Bowden/klimpsum
9. Gailey/GT

Best to Worst Coaches in the expanded ACC:

1. Friedgen/Maryland
2. Beamer/VT
3. Grobe/Wake Forest
4. Bobby Bowden/FSU
5. Coker/Miami
6. Groh/Virginia
7. Amato/NC State
8. Bunting/North Carolina
9. Franks/Dook
10. Tommy Bowdon/klimpsum
11. Gailey/GT

beeware... your list is dumb.

1. Bowden
2. Grobe
3. Fridge
4. Amato
5. Groh
6. Gailey
7. Franks
8. T. Bowden
9. Bunting

That is where I would place it as of today.

Originally posted by beeware:
Currently the best to worst coaches in the ACC:

1. Friedgen/Maryland
2. Grobe/Wake Forest
3. Bobby Bowden/FSU
4. Groh/Virginia
5. Amato/NC State
6. Bunting/North Carolina
7. Franks/Dook
8. Tommy Bowdon/klimpsum
9. Gailey/GT
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">No argument from here BeeWare. A change will have to happen for us to get off the ground floor. Beau Bock maybe right unless a change takes place long before the georgia game.

Well CG has a great chance to move-somewhere -in the next 3 wks.Clemson has 2 patsies and Tech could be groundbeef by the time they meet.Lets do the rating after the clemson game.

Trying to keep in mind all of the factors (success in relation to talent level, recruiting ability, motivational ability, football IQ/game preparation and in-game coaching, tradition and program advantages), here would be my rankings:

1) Bobby Bowden (Yes, he has talent, but he built that program up. Didn't they have their worst year in forever last year and STILL wind up winning the league?)
2) Jim Grobe (This is in perspective to what he's done with what he has. Maybe he runs a gimmick offense, but isn't that what Friedgen did a lot of at Tech? His teams NEVER quit.)
3) Ralph Friedgen (The best in conference in every category except recruiting and, perhaps, as a motivator)
4) Chuck Amato (Some Tech fans don't like this guy, but he is an excellent motivator. His cockiness instills confidence in his players. NC State plays with a chip against tough competition.)
5) Al Groh (Excellent recruiter, but his teams don't play with consistency.)
6) Jim Bunting (Don't think he'll make it at UNC, but at least he has pulled off a couple of big wins against better teams the last 2 years--Auburn and FSU. None of the coaches below him have won any games of that magnitude).
7) Carl Franks (He hasn't made any noise at Duke. Compare what he's done with what Jim Grobe has done in a similar program. Ahead of Gailey because his Duke team played us the toughest they have in awhile last year.)
8) Chan Gailey (His teams look poorly prepared far too often. The question is does he have the interest and motivation to succeed at Tech.)
9) Tommy Bowden (Has had arguably better talent than almost all the teams, except FSU, that have consistently finished equal to or ahead of his Clemson teams.)

serious question guys

Do you think CG is looking at this as semi-retirement?

Think about it, nice paycheck and he's from GA anyway.

Makes you wonder

Back