Things I like about StingTalk ...

mm42

Dodd-Like
A few things I really like about this board struck me today:

1. Separate category for football. When fall approaches I want football, football, and more football when I hit the message board.

2. Threads as a single listing. I hate having to bang down through 10 levels of links to read a thread.

and my absolute favorite thing:

3. Bulldog, the Master Baiter, doesn't post here. (And if he ever starts, I beg of you all to just ignore him so he will go away.)

I agree with those things on your list. I've kind of thought it's odd that Bulldog hasn't made his way over here but I'm thankful as well.

I'm looking forward to the Basketball forum picking up and I definitely find it easier to scan this board to see what is new.

I think so far we've managed to avoid some sort of posting pecking order which makes me happy. I don't often have time to post but that doesn't mean that I'm a lesser member of a forum like this.

Originally posted by EiT:
I've kind of thought it's odd that Bulldog hasn't made his way over here but I'm thankful as well.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Bulldog's schtick is all about generating responses. Sometimes he posts honest non-bait polls just to get responses.

There simply isn't enough traffic over here to satisfy Bulldog's taste for responses to his posts.

I found him amusing for a long time but now his stuff has gotten old to me.

mm42, I wonder how he would have fit in on RSFC?
smile.gif

Originally posted by mm42:

2. Threads as a single listing. I hate having to bang down through 10 levels of links to read a thread.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">This is the best thing about Stingtalk. The format of the Hive is fine for low-traffic boards, but it's very bad by the time a board gets to the traffic level they have over there.

Clemson and Virginia's boards are even worse, though. Their threads scroll off VERY fast. The Dawgvent takes the cake, but it's not really a discussion forum any more, just a bunch of morons babbling.

and my absolute favorite thing:

3. Bulldog, the Master Baiter, doesn't post here. (And if he ever starts, I beg of you all to just ignore him so he will go away.)
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Well, you're mostly right. He hasn't posted but like 2 messages over here a while back, but he has posted some. Hopefully he will stay away. I think he has because we didn't really bite the bait when he was here before.

Ok guys go look BD has posted here and me included welcomed him. I also welcomed him to come to BDS and see a team with a great tradition.

wink.gif

Originally posted by GoldenTornado:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Originally posted by EiT:
I've kind of thought it's odd that Bulldog hasn't made his way over here but I'm thankful as well.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Bulldog's schtick is all about generating responses. Sometimes he posts honest non-bait polls just to get responses.

There simply isn't enough traffic over here to satisfy Bulldog's taste for responses to his posts.

I found him amusing for a long time but now his stuff has gotten old to me.
</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">I agree completely. That's why I don't understand why you were sticking up for good ole BD today on the Hive. His bait on the Hive may be subtle, but it is major league stinky. Everytime he says something fishy, he typically follows it up with something like innocent sounding like "Nothing more, nothing less" or "Honest question" or "He will do well at GT."

I'm sick of it personally and I want to expose him every chance I get.
smile.gif

the things I like about Stingtalk....

Great format... I love the way the threads are presented...

Everyone seems to offer astute perspectives in football, GT, ACC... heck, you name it... there always seems to be great perspectives and opinions presented...

Beeware !!... yes, although he hasnt been won over by Braine and Gailey... I like his/her take on things at times...

I appreciate the fact that you can have a strong, differing, opinion... and still remain a part of this forum...

Hell.. its just a great board...

I like the format. I like having two boards. I like the people posting here, even BeeWare is entertaining. I also like Bulldog.

bigthumbup.gif

Originally posted by ahsoisee:
I also like Bulldog.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">You do understand that everything he posts is intended to mock Georgia Tech, right? Those who reply are accessories after the fact.

You do understand that everything he posts is intended to mock Georgia Tech, right? Those who reply are accessories after the fact.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">While I agree that he likes to fish, I do not agree that EVERYTHING he posts is bait. I find some of his self-deprecation humorous, and that "demanding respect" post was hilarious when it was first posted. If it wasn't hilarious it wouldn't have been copied on every sports message board on the internet.

mm, I know you've seen a lot of bait in your time.
smile.gif
But tell me, what part of his continuous diatribe about liking fat girls, 20 oz Cokes, Fords and reactionary politics is bait?

Sometimes he emails me and 67King. He doesn't say much in them except a bunch of ole-boy aw shucks stuff, though he does admit he is often baiting on the Hive.

He doesn't commonly post on any other message board, and it's not because they wouldn't respond to his bait. Clemson fans on Tigernet are the easiest fish I've ever seen!
grin.gif

Originally posted by GoldenTornado:
While I agree that he likes to fish, I do not agree that EVERYTHING he posts is bait.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Aw, c'mon, can't I get away with a little hyperbole?

Also posted by my man GoldenTornado:
I find some of his self-deprecation humorous, and that "demanding respect" post was hilarious when it was first posted.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">THAT'S WHAT MAKES IT SO INSIDIOUS!

I like the format, the separate msg boards where the whole GT community feels free to post. Thats it, community! Its like moving into a nice neighborhood where everybodys a TECH fan. What could be better? I sure hope that dumass bulldog doesn't come around...
thefinger.gif

I would agree that it is refreshing to have very little Bulldog talk here in general, and I don't mean "Bulldog", but the team itself.

Back