Things I like this year

AlabamaBuzz

Dodd-Like
Need some "fair and balanced" thoughts, so hear goes:

1. D is hitting harder than I have seen in years...Louis, Sweeting, Julian and Jeremiah really stand out for their physical play.
2. Pass coverage is better this year. Yes, we have played soft coverage occasionally, but we have to do that sometimes with our d-line and no blitzing.
3. OL blocking much better, and especially on pass plays.
4. A-backs and WR's are blocking much better this year than last, and the WR's are holding their blocks way down field.
5. Lots of big plays (more than 20 yds) compared to last year at the same point in the season.
6. We are winning the turnover margin, and only one fumble inside the red zone. This is much better than last year.
7. Stephen is showing signs of being special at WR. Yes, still a few drops, but improving immensely.
8. Obvioulsy, Groh can recruit. Young and Attaoucho are studs, and he got both of them!!
9. Orwin has really come into his own this year, and is looking like an NFL-potential guy.
10. Punt return team is better, and Laskey is pretty sure-handed, although he has scared me a couple of times. :wink:
11. Team has a great cohesiveness, and they like each other and seem to genuinely root for each other. There is an uncommon unselfishness to this team so far.
12. We have VAD LEE in waiting.

These items above are probably not enough for us to go undefeated this year, but they give us a fighting chance, and I am going to keep hope alive. 10-2 would be AWESOME, especially if we beat the Gaggers.

That is enough for now. There are also a lot of things I don't like, but there are already enough of those threads..... Go Jackets!!

My big things that I took away from this game?

- Defense made HUGE leaps forward. And against an offense that has put up a lot more points against ranked teams.
- Special teams: They took off Laskey's leash, and he made a couple good plays, and still called for a fair catch when needed. Zenon is going to run one all the way back sooner rather than later.

Back