Things I would like to see Saturday

GTPilot

Flats Noob
Thought I would create a thread for everyone to share what they would like to see from the team on Saturday (please don't use this as another chance for both sides to be petty).

Here is my list:

1. Rotate more RBs into the game. PJ is a good hard runner but I would like to see a change of pace thrown in there to keep the defense honest.

2. Addition of the slant and crossing routes to the passing game. It may have just been covered well last week but I only saw us pass in the middle once or twice all game. I know it is a dangerous pass for a young QB due to the chance for throwing high but I think it might allow for a better chance of the big play and open up the deep routes. Also, the crossing patterns tend to help the smaller receivers with speed (the majority of our WR corp). Finally, get Debo in the game. His height will really help down in the red zone.

3. HOLD ON TO THE BALL!!!!! Play smart football. We don't need dumb penalties and turnovers like last week. Our margin for error is very slim.

4. Shore up the mid-range pass coverage. Our LBs and DBs have got to do a better job of shutting down the middle of the field. This alone should help our 3rd down defense.

5. Stop the opposing offense on 3rd & 4th downs. Especially when there is 4 or more yards to go.

Those are my 5 keys to the game. If we can execute those I think we will have a better offense and keep the defense off the field for so long. In other words, we can win.

What do you guys think?

Can't disagree with you anywhere, especially the mid range pass thing. It seems we have always been picked apart by short to medium passes.

I would like to see the Auburn mascot tail tied to the back of the Wreck.

I agree with all the above!!!
I'd just like to add that I'd like to see the team play good sound football. Don't lose the game on stupid penalties and fumbled balls! Don't just give them a win...make'em earn it!!!!

Third down conversions!

But that could be accomplished with more of what you suggested.

Yards after the catch. We need more space at the point of the catch, plus we need some moves when it's not there. Less arc on the ball means more time to catch and go.

A certain couple of guys were just happy to have caught the ball last week. They've had enough time to consider what may have happened if they had run like hell afterward.

Ball needs to take the long ball to a particular place, not just heave it as far as he can. At least he did put the ball where the play was our guy or no one. I'll take that over the underthrown ball any day of the week.

We need touchdowns from special teams and defense and we have to be on the plus side on the turnovers, as well getting the scores early. The depth could really get away from us in the second half.

I would take some chances on offense that we normally wouldn't. We need to spook Tubby enough to make him leave his game plan (run) and get him throwing the ball to play catch up.

The only way we beat them is if we really smack them early and hard enough to make them start questioning whether all this preseason stuff was just hype. We have to beat them mentally early.

Emotionally speaking - Auburn will probably be playing not to lose. That's the typical approach of a guy like Tubby, because he's not used to being on top.

If we play to win, no holds barred, and these guys are playing not to lose, it's the situation we want. Here's hoping for it.

Better offensive line play, no turnovers, and play tight receiver coverage on short passes for third/fourth and long.

Father Time

I'd really like to see #1 because that would mean we've held onto the ball long enough to need to rotate backs.

Demarius Bilbo used in the slash roll that was talked about earlier.

I'd like to see us score 225 points and beat our own record.

On a more practical note, I'd love to see us throw the out pattern all day and force their safeties up and then hit a fly pattern to Smith or Curry. Seeing some slants would make me happy too but this probably is not the best game for that considering their LBs.

Something entertaining off the field, such as a riot in the stands, a liquor bottle shower out of the east stands, flung mullet, something...

because on the field, au will intend to take it to GT like the ugag did last November, no screwin' around, they will come out intent on not losing and run up the score - early.

if it rains....

au coeds mudwrestling!

smile.gif

A. Better production from our Running Backs/Chris Woods getting some carries to see what he can do.
B. Less turnovers...IMHO Turnovers help beat us against BYU on important drives...
C. Reggie getting out on the corners a little more and getting more than the 30 some odd rushing yards he got last game..IMHO For us to be successful..Reggie needs to avg. more than 50 yards rushing per game...
D. Us forcing Campbell to pass the ball..Much like U.S.C. did..It will be very difficult for us to have anywhere near the success that U.S.C. did in stuffing the run..Because of our lack of depth and experience on the DL..But if we could hold Auburn to 150 yards rushing it would be Monumental!!!!!!Give us a very good chance at winning... I think U.S.C. held them to under 60 yards rushing...We CANT do that but if we can hold them to somewhere in the 150 yard range..WE will have a chance to win.....

I would love to see us in the shotgun from time to time to give Ball more time to look around. I am afraid Auburn's D-line may beat us to the spot if we don't.

1. D'bo line up under center on the 2nd play of the game...and throw the ball on a quick hitch to Jonathan Smith. Then, I'd like to see him take 3 or 4 other snaps under center and run the option with it almost every time (I'd really like to see him throw a fly pattern off the option too). Make it so that the Auburn defense has no freaking idea what's going to happen.
2. Reggie have the ability to audible. Hell, just give him 3 plays he can audible into...a run, a short pass, and a long pass.
3. Keyaron Fox knock the breath out of Cadillac Williams on the first play Auburn runs the ball. On the next offensive series, Daryl Smith hits Williams so hard, he walks off the field shaking his head and muttering. On the next offensive series, Tubby pats Caddy on the butt for him to go onto the field...and he shakes his head "Uh uh!".

We need to concentrate on a solid sound and consistent game play. I don't know how far along R. Ball is, but I hope we don't try to feed him more than he is ready for.
1. Smart (no stupid penalties)
2. Ea man will have to know and understand his assignment for this game plan.
3. Ball carriers must CONCENTRATE on holding the ball.
4. I think just about all of the previous replies from others spells it out clearly.

Back