This needs to happen

OldGold1968

Banhammer'd
Ban Hammer'd
I have stated on here a few times I don't think we will have football this fall. It seems we have 2 kind of people now. Those that want to open back up & the ones that don't until next year I guess. I want to open back up!! The Ncaa needs to get all FBS schools one of the Abbott Labs rapid testing machines. Test all players, coaches, & refs prior to the game. Allow 10,000 students to attend (lottery). Give out like 1,000 tickets to family & like 200 to visiting team. Practice social distancing and let's play ball.

Somehow, everytime I try to read this, I read the first sentence and the last couple of sentences and skip the in-between.

It’s not tailgsting to worry about, it’s the fans next to you who are screaming at their highest volume.

I have stated on here a few times I don't think we will have football this fall. It seems we have 2 kind of people now. Those that want to open back up & the ones that don't until next year I guess. I want to open back up!! The Ncaa needs to get all FBS schools one of the Abbott Labs rapid testing machines. Test all players, coaches, & refs prior to the game. Allow 10,000 students to attend (lottery). Give out like 1,000 tickets to family & like 200 to visiting team. Practice social distancing and let's play ball.
It’s all about 11/3.

Something doesn’t look right about that photo when you zoom in though I’ve seen it a few places now.
I mean President Cabrera thinks it's legit so that's good enough for me! Why couldn't we do this in the fall? It would suck for screaming purposes but it is what it is...

Test NO ONE. It doesn't matter. it's other people's crutch, not mine. but if it makes data-hungry people happy, go do it. but it means very, very little w/this virus. so TEST NO ONE! and allow full stadiums in the world, beginning july 4th.

as proof, even antibody tests only prove you've had it, but still doesn't prove you can't get it...or transmit it. for those who test and have it, studies show they've probably been transmissible for days prior. who knows where they've been in that time? what good does an antivirus test do? You can't even use data from case levels or positive tests, as the testing denominator is a moving target and highly inconsistent from which to draw salient data. the only good thing about testing is that it gives the masses some peace of mind. so sure, test away, make em feel good if you can force a decreasing trend line in front of them.

the true data that matters are hospitalizations and deaths. morgues and beds are measurable. the solution, herd immunity...which btw is what's flattening this curve, not the 30% of the world (mostly suburbia) that has "distanced".

the big secret is about out. hospitals are mostly empty, the country is bursting with empty beds, medical professionals are taking pay cuts and hospitals could be one of the first economic victims of the pandemic. (and they'll be many, many more victims for each day we stay closed)

so distance smartly (for a another month), continue to recommend that at-riskers stay away for awhile, use masks as needed, wash up often (the very BEST way to stay safe)....and...

OPEN THIS COUNTRY UP!

mooch, out.

Test NO ONE. It doesn't matter. it's other people's crutch, not mine. but if it makes data-hungry people happy, go do it. but it means very, very little w/this virus. so TEST NO ONE! and allow full stadiums in the world, beginning july 4th.

as proof, even antibody tests only prove you've had it, but still doesn't prove you can't get it...or transmit it. for those who test and have it, studies show they've probably been transmissible for days prior. who knows where they've been in that time? what good does an antivirus test do? You can't even use data from case levels or positive tests, as the testing denominator is a moving target and highly inconsistent from which to draw salient data. the only good thing about testing is that it gives the masses some peace of mind. so sure, test away, make em feel good if you can force a decreasing trend line in front of them.

the true data that matters are hospitalizations and deaths. morgues and beds are measurable. the solution, herd immunity...which btw is what's flattening this curve, not the 30% of the world (mostly suburbia) that has "distanced".

the big secret is about out. hospitals are mostly empty, the country is bursting with empty beds, medical professionals are taking pay cuts and hospitals could be one of the first economic victims of the pandemic. (and they'll be many, many more victims for each day we stay closed)

so distance smartly (for a another month), continue to recommend that at-riskers stay away for awhile, use masks as needed, wash up often (the very BEST way to stay safe)....and...

OPEN THIS COUNTRY UP!

mooch, out.
The bolded cannot be stated strongly enough and is reported nowhere I can find in the media. When hospitalizations and deaths are down this is a trailing indicator that cases are down assuming we maintain consistent hospitalization requirements (the same people admitted today would have been admitted a month ago and vice versa). People are now getting tested who should not get tested. The only people we should be testing are those suspected of having the disease and all close contacts of confirmed cases.

Back