This of course would never happen publicly,

luckyjacket

Varsity Lurker
but if you could get CRF over for some drinks and a steak, what would he tell you about GT football over the last 3 years? I would be interested, anybody else?

I believe he is an extremely self driven person who accepts nothing but perfection. Even though he probably knows it can't be attained, he seems to seek it in the coaching business.

It has been written, he has a library full of tapes on every opponent on his schedule and he pores over them continuously trying to gain every edge possible. I say he is an intense coach. I think he has confidence in his abilities, and realizes he is the difference in most of the games he has been involved while coaching.

I don't think he would tell you if he thought he was the driving force behind O'leary's success at Tech. I don't think he would tell you he is the driving force behind Maryland's resurgence.

I think he would speak well of O'Leary because GOL is one of his best friends. I don't think you could find out anything difinitive about O'leary from Friegden.

I think he likes O'Brien and probably stated he was a fine person and a smart person. Personally, I don't think he would choose O'Brien as his offensive coordinator. I think he gave O'Brien a recommendation out of friendship and courtesy. I doubt you could find out anything about O'Brien difinitively from Friegden.

The one thing you might find out from him is if there was any dissention of any of the players during the time he was here. I doubt if he would elaborate very much on the situations.

He has not been here the past two years, so I doubt he would give any opinion on the situation at Tech last year nor this year. I do think he would tend to defend O'Leary because they are such good friends and own property side-by-side at the lake.

You would not know much more after his visit than you did prior to his visit. You would still have to make up your mind regarding any information given you considering his friendship with some of the individuals.
wink.gif

Back