This season will be indicative of the next 4-5 years....

MsTechAnalysis

Jolly Good Fellow
There's a difference going into a season when in the previous season(s) you walked with a SWAGGER -- you had it going on! You didn't care if the UGAG folks gave you the finger - they were MAD AS HELL cause you beat them - you smiled because you knew it HURT THEM - and I loved every minute of it.

I can remember in 1999 going to the UGAG game at BDS - with the flags on the car and EVERYONE KNEW where you were going and who you were cheering for. I walked out of my own home ready for battle and I'm only a season tix holder! From my home to the stadium, I had more cars full of GT fans giving us thumbs up and rejoicing when they saw us! Some headed down to BDS the same we were going and we formed a CARAVAN. How powerful you are in numbers! WE HAD OUR SWAGGER BACK!

Our feelings are tempered with anxiety but we are still GT fans and we NEED THAT SWAGGER for no other reason then to be proud of who we are and the team we support! My heart and support are always there, maybe with everyone pulling hard - some of the losses we are suppose to have can pull this team through!

JUST GO TO THE GAMES and do what you can as a true fan to help this team!! More then the years when things were good - this is when they need us the most!
blue.gif
drinking.gif

Hear what you say but do not think I can totally agree. What happened last season is over. What happens this season will bee over this time next year. You can not bee content/discouraged on what happened a year ago. This is the beauty of sport. THIS IS WHY OUT GUYS ARE GOING TO SHOCK THE WORLD THIS YEAR!!

As an athlete you have no business going on the field if you don't have pride, confidence and that swagger. As a fan, stay away from the stadium if you don't have it as well. If you're afraid to be proud because we might lose, that's the same as a team being afraid to take a chance to win. Be loud and be proud. If we lose we lose, but if we win give 'em hell!

We will win more than we lose.

If we lose more than we win... I blame Canada & France.

Barrel: This was your subject: "This season will be indicative of the next 4-5 years..."

Respectfully: I do not!!! No need to go into reasons for my thinking this at this time.

Then you said: Never before have I seen so much inactivity one week before the season on our message boards.

1. "Never" is not a very long time in history; considering the advent of the internet, etc.
2. YOu said: It's like everyone is bracing themselves for what to expect.
I honestly believe for most this applies.
3. You said: I have to say that this is the first time I have not known what to feel before the season.

In my opinion your "lack" of feeling is healthier than you realize. An over-abundance of optimism that would place us in line for an N.C. or only slightly worse is far more detrimental (if missplaced).

Coach O'Leary's last year was one of stupified optimism (and not only that one, but one or two others as well). I can clearly remember many of the posts of those days and my reaction to them.
I thought: "Uh,oh, folks, let's slow down here. Let's not get over-hyped. We will regret it. It just does not look that good to me.
In spite of this the over abundance of optimism we lost: pure-down lost. Our optimism was based only on our own feeling and was pre-mature. I read and was grieved at all those who bought into the hype.
In spite of this: I said not one word.

Now, we are in a state of uncertainty. I submit that this is a thousand times better than being an ignorant lamb to the hit/miss prognosticators who draw our blood each year and then replenish us with "false hopes and expectations". Draining us, then pumping us to thier own gain . If they cannot do this, they will go hungry.

I will not say, "I told you so" (how rediculous is this statement: I say, I will not, and then I at the same time do so, " pitiful, Gilmer" that is all I have to say here).

I had a million times more be readily prepared to come from underdog to champion than otherwise.

I look for a year that is not filled with unusual misforturn. And I go on record today as declaring that if we: get proper "breaks": few to no injuries,a good bounce of the ball; strange fumble recoveries, wind always right for us, injuries to other teams that benefit us: we will be successful. Otherwise, it will be a struggle this year. I hope a struggling year will not indicate years to follow.

Just one little guy's ideas.

Could be; again, maybe not. In anycase, come this time next year: I will be enthusiastically behind our coach and team: whoever they are, with an expectation to WIN!!!!!! Thank you for your thought provoking post.

BOR, you are like most of the rest of us. Most Tech fans are probably hoping for the best, but probably don't have a strong feeling one way or the other as to how the season will progress.

I guess there is nothing to do now but go in with guns blazing and count the dead and wounded after it is all over.

The anticipation is too great. I wish we were playing this Saturday instead of next Thursday. I do think the first game will tell us a lot about the team.

Father Time

Originally posted by ahsoisee:
BOR, you are like most of the rest of us. Most Tech fans are probably hoping for the best, but probably don't have a strong feeling one way or the other as to how the season will progress.

I guess there is nothing to do now but go in with guns blazing and count the dead and wounded after it is all over.

The anticipation is too great. I wish we were playing this Saturday instead of next Saturday. I do think the first game will tell us a lot about the team.

Father Time
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Ahso... Did your contact that provided you "inside information" on the amount of letters braine received also give you "inside information" that the game had been changed from Thursday night to Saturday?....
pat.gif

Whew!!! BB, am I glad you did not catch me in another post extolling the virtures of our coach, "Stan" Gailey.
pat.gif
grin.gif
Thanks to the poster who graciously, privately pointed my goof to me. I repeat however, "Let's all cut each other a break"
grin.gif
grin.gif

Let's go get 'em. I leave for Provo Wednesday morning t 7:05 on United. Anyone else on that flght? But please don't try to tie whatever happens this year with what happens in future years. I remember Ross' first two disasterous years and what followed. No one would have believed in 1988 that we would be National Champs in 1990.

Kennesaw...You the Man....I agree totally with you...
I dont think you can judge this team nor this staff by the way this season goes unless the players lay down like they did the last 2 games of last year..I dont think that will happen..These next 2 years remind me of the 1st 3 years Ross was Head Coach although we didnt fare as bad this 1st year under Chan as we did with Ross..I* remember really being worried about Ross and co. the 1st 2.5 years...It wasnt until halfway thru his 3rd year when we upset Clemson did we get rolling...Thats why im willing to give Chan at least 3 to 4 years..i really feel on paper he looks as good as Ross..The big difference is Gaileys lack of experience in the College Game..I think he probably learned a lot about GT and the college game from last Year (Especially with the Academic Disaster and the Removal of Carol Moore)

BeeBad, you must be seeing things again!

Father Time
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">nice job of editing your posts Agent!

I believe this season will be indicative of the next 4-5 years for our football program. Never before have I seen so much inactivity one week before the season on our message boards. It's like everyone is bracing themselves for what to expect. I have to say that this is the first time I have not known what to feel before the season. I cannot wait for the season to get here, because it COULD be the remedy that eases all of our pain.. it also could be the knife that drives in for the final blow. I don't think anyone on here knows for sure.

If we somehow find a way to win this year, then I think you will see a return of prominence to GT football to a level that wasn't even achieved in the O'Leary years. If we lose but play solidly, i think we will have to endure another year of confusion before we will quite be certain if this coaching staff can do the job.

If we turn in performances like we did in the last 2 games last year and we lose... then the backlash that will come will set us back bigtime with expansion on the docket for next season.

Remember that feeling you get right before you knew you were going to get into a fight with someone? You are confident and wouldn't back down, but you had that nervous adrenaline running through your body, anticipating the first blow. You aren't sure whether or not you'd be the first one to give the blow or receive the blow.

That's how I feel about this football season. Here's to knocking the ever living piss out of those mormons. Drinks are on me.

BeeBad, you must be seeing things again!

Father Time
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">ahso.. UGA plays next Saturday, not Tech.. A little slip up there, my friend?.. woof woof !!

blue.gif

Back