This season's outlook

GMC 68

Varsity Lurker
This season\'s outlook

I have not posted on this board for quite sometime. I got so fed up with the CG bashing and negativism, (I admit I was one of the worst) I decided to take a holiday until the new season started.

Well the new season has started. I can honestly say that I will look forward to the games only to watch an exciting and impressive young quarterback. We have a lot of good times ahead of us watching Reggie work his magic. The special teams played well and Dan Burnett produced.

I have read a lot of bashing about the OL. I not so sure they did that bad. I just think they are poorly coached. Given a coach that knows what he is doing and some playing time together they will be okay.

As for everything else that is a different story. The coaches had not prepared the team. The offensive play calling was terrible. The out pass 5 yards behind the line of scrimmage never work last year and it didn’t work last night. A quarterback draw on 2nd and 15 is just plain stupid. We get our running game going and then throw that stupid swing pass behind the line for an incompletion, loss or at best no gain and have to get rid of the football. Also too many fumbles by upperclassmen. If they can’t do the job put the kids in. Again it goes back to coaching.

We had a kick returner muff a kickoff in the end zone and not know to simply down it. Brothers and sisters that is poor coaching and lack of preparation.

Our defense look exactly like last year’s. Give up the 7 to 8 yard pass all night then hope to keep them out of the end zone. Also letting the opposing offense dominate with one or two receivers. BYU had two receivers with 6 catches and 3 with 4 catches. This defense looks like a sad replay of 2002.

Except for seeing some excitement and motivation in the first half this defense reminded me of the one that played on that dark day of November 30, 2002.

Gentlemen I see 0 and 12 on the horizon. I will still be at the flats on Saturday afternoons cheering for my beloved Jackets. I will also hope that UGAly will fire Adams and Tech will hire him to replace Clough. Then Adams can work his magic on Clough’s VT buddy Braine. Also he will take care of the coaching situation.

Furthermore I promise to be silent again. I have vented and feel better. Thanks Stingtalk.

GO JACKETS!!!!!

Re: This season\'s outlook

GMC 68,

The game I watched was on ESPN2; sorry you missed it.....

GMC there is a problem with "given the right coach" the OLine will be better.

Gailey is responsbile for the staff. He hired Dookie. He evaluated from last year and did not make an offseason change. Dookie is who is leading us for the final games, all the way through Georgia.

We allowed a sack from a three man rush.

We never established a solid running game.

I stated this before and got blasted about what great credentials this guy had. Not sure if I am looking at different tape than Gailey. When Friedgen was off coordinator and McWhorter had the off line and Kelly had receivers we could move the ball on anyone in the United States. Maybe expectations are different.

Originally posted by 71YellowJacket:
GMC 68,

The game I watched was on ESPN2; sorry you missed it.....
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Which ESPN2 did you watch, the replay of a '71 game or the pathetically weak Gailey game plan from last night?

Back