This Week in Schadenfreude - UGA Edition

coit

Y’all got any more of that D Fence?
https://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2018/10/15/17975356/week-7-reaction-georgia-penn-state

Yesterday proved that Kirby is a mediocre coach at best and 100% liar. This may turn out worse than Gus. He does not play the best players, when a RB get hot he pulls him. He is effing clueless. He showed who he was yesterday which is a younger,polished version of Gus that will stay with a loser at QB regardless of the score or how ööööty he has performed.

I've got a few posts from a couple years back that call Kirby a flash in the pan. Maybe I should dust those off?

From the comments:

I look forward to this article every week ...

… because it reminds me how much I loathe the current incarnation of college football ‘fandom’.

The Very Short List:

1.) Most know very, very little about the game. If you knew so damn much about ‘play-calling’ and ‘program-building’ you’d be out there doing it — for literally millions of dollars — instead of your current coaching staff.

2.) Mindless regurgitation of cliches and buzzwords in lieu of actual thought or understanding (also relied on to cover up for #1).

3.) Glorifying in complete lack of perspective and reactive attacks on realistic assessments. e.g. "Well, you can’t win them all …" "I WILL NOT SETTLE FOR MEDIOCRACY!"

4.) That this culture has become accepted and normalized in most places and compulsory south of the Mason Dixon.

You don’t know more than the coaches. 50% of teams in every game lose. No one wins all the games and all the titles. Bashing the best efforts of unpaid 18-22 year olds doesn’t make you cool.

… and ‘mediocracy’ is STILL not a word!

Posted by mlc0808 on Oct 15, 2018 | 2:50 PM

I can't decide if Dr. Pepper is 2008 Dabo, or full blown Gus Bus. Either way, the best team in the east got blasted by one of those "meh" west teams between Alabama and old piss.

Back