This weekends recruits

texstinger

Dodd-Like
anyone know how many?

Total number we hoped to sign this year?

Is the early signing period, pushed for in a big way by CPJ, actually a detriment to us this year?

You’ve got to think some number of kids will transfer out so maybe we sign a bigger class than we expected.

I hope he honors the 16 already committed. I also have no doubt if any were wavering, and he still wanted them, Collins would get them to stay committed

We need the rest of the class to be big fatties, on both sides of the ball. Can't build a building without a good base

I hope he starts signing 25 per class like the factories and the numbers work out on the back end. No way to get talent to an elite level without matching this strategy unless you just never miss evaluating high school players.
Do you also hope he pulls scholarships and tells kids to transfer when the numbers don't "work out on the back end" like you say?

Do you also hope he pulls scholarships and tells kids to transfer when the numbers don't "work out on the back end" like you say?

No but it's also ok to use some math and statistics to realize between February and August we are going to lose 3-5 kids each year to injury, graduation, transfer, quit, etc. So, instead of starting fall practice with 79 on scholly we start with 84. We also will likely have kids go pro early which was a non-issue the last 10 years.

No but it's also ok to use some math and statistics to realize between February and August we are going to lose 3-5 kids each year to injury, graduation, transfer, quit, etc. So, instead of starting fall practice with 79 on scholly we start with 84. We also will likely have kids go pro early which was a non-issue the last 10 years.
No it’s not. Because sooner or later you will have to run players off or make them greyshirt or give them bogus medical hardships. Over signing is unethical. I bitch about it when Bama and LSU do it, that doesn’t change when it is GT.

No it’s not. Because sooner or later you will have to run players off or make them greyshirt or give them bogus medical hardships. Over signing is unethical. I bitch about it when Bama and LSU do it, that doesn’t change when it is GT.

when is the last time GT or any school did not have players leave between January and August for a multitude of reasons? It is oversigning when you run kids off. It is undersigning when you have 79 on scholarship come August 1. I prefer coaches who can read an actuarial table. Be conservative; that's fine. But why be stupid? I'm fine with 83 on scholly and have room to give walk-ons scholarships in the Fall but PJ really hurt himself by consistently undersigning.

Is the early signing period, pushed for in a big way by CPJ, actually a detriment to us this year?
I was gonna come read this thread and maybe throw my two cents in, but then I saw who posted this, and I am still giggling over it. You are absolutely desperate to squeeze out every last possible ounce of your hatred for Paul Johnson before he's gone. Go öööö yourself, you sad little öööö.

We have lost the numbers race for years. Do you think Brenton King would still be on scholarship at Bama? Hell put them on academic scholarship. We need the ability to recruit numbers and evaluate on campus as the factories do.

Oversigning is extremely complicated. A lot of issues that are specific to the particular situation. It's like, lying is wrong 100% of the time. Except when it's Rahab protecting the spies.

We have lost the numbers race for years. Do you think Brenton King would still be on scholarship at Bama? Hell put them on academic scholarship. We need the ability to recruit numbers and evaluate on campus as the factories do.
Well, Bulovas is still on scholarship, and he's been almost as bad as King, so...?

EDIT: Hate to generalize, but I wonder if a lot of the kickers could get merit scholarships anyhow if they left the team...? I heard on this board that King was pretty depressed (who wouldn't be?) and was thinking about quitting football anyhow.

The whole issue of 'roster management' is not nearly as cut-and-dried as message boards want to make it.

I was gonna come read this thread and maybe throw my two cents in, but then I saw who posted this, and I am still giggling over it. You are absolutely desperate to squeeze out every last possible ounce of your hatred for Paul Johnson before he's gone. Go öööö yourself, you sad little öööö.

Snivelingy lil wipe. I specicifically said for this year and asked about number of ships we planned to sign.

You just want to have CPJs baby and you care more about a single person than the entire school or football team.

Hopefully you will lose your job when we start signing better S/As and hopefully win more than appx. 51% of our games against P5.

Be gone because we are about to sell more season tickets and raise more money - as bad as you think that is.

Back