This year sure is reminding me of 1989 ***

Maybe but don't even think 04 will be like 90.There is NO comparison.

You don't? I think it very well could be similar to 90. Our schedule will be harder next year, but our team will also be much more experienced. We will return a high # of starters and reserves and, barring injury, I think we make a run at the conference championship next year.

I'll put it this way. Miami is probably not afraid of playing us, but I'll guarantee you that Larry Coker at Miami isn't looking at highlights of Reggie Ball and thinking, "Man, I'm glad we get to play those guys next year!". Uh uh! No coach wants to have to come into a hostile environment (like BDS@HGF is) and play an athletic QB and a fast team who plays smart, tough football.

Kinda of an ominous thought with Duke and Carolina coming up, but didn't the 1989 team lose an easy one late in the year after they had won a bunch in a row? Maybe I'm getting my years mixed up. I forget which board it was posted on, but the guy who said we might lose to Duke or UNC but beat Virginia might be right.

The 1989 team lost to a very good Spurrier coached Duke(co-ACC Champs) Team after 3 straight wins. Although, we neeeded a great Shawn Jones run to beat a 1-10 UNC the week before.

GT does not have enough offense to take anyone for granted. If we are less than fully motivated against Duke or UNC we will lose to both.

Back