Those guys are going down against 2002 Jackets!

GTTerrific

Dodd-Like
Two years ago we FINALLY beat them in their house. The last years UNC team was the second best talent wise team in conference behind FSU (IMO). Those guys still have talent, but lost a lot of D line and other positions. They won't have what they've had regardless of players leaving.

Since Bunting has tanken over, seems that they've had some problems. Is it the coach being too "in your face" or just straightening the ship? Don't know, but know they are not as talented as they've been.

Players playing together is a team. Anything less is getting beat regardless of talent.

Thinking we have the 2nd best talent in the ACC in 2002 if the QB situation comes through. These Jackets playing together as a team are really going to make some noise.

FSUMike

Varsity Lurker
I will be pulling for Tech in a big way. Of course, I'll be pulling for you guys all year since I think you will be a quality team that will be able to represent the ACC in a BCS Bowl (hopefully, along with FSU).

As for UNC, not only do I think they will have a terrible year, I hope a few of us will absolutely DESTROY them. GT should be able to win easily. I also think FSU is going to give them one of the worst beatings they've had form us. That 63-14 game 2 years ago is about what it's going to be. Our guys want revenge for last year and tehy come down to Tallahassee. They lost their entire defense, a couple of starting OLs, and have no QB with any game experience. FSU plays UNC later in the season and the Noles should be at full strength. That will be a fun one!

bugboy

Damn Good Rat
GTTerrific,
One correction. We did beat UNC in Chapel Hill in 1998 also, not just 2000. I remember watching that 98 game and loving every minute of it, except for the screwed up fake field goal at the end of the 1st half and the opening kickoff of the 2nd half. Other than that, we completely dominated that game.
Anyone remember that '98 UNC game?

beeware

Jolly Good Fellow
Originally posted by bugboy:
GTTerrific,
One correction. We did beat UNC in Chapel Hill in 1998 also, not just 2000. I remember watching that 98 game and loving every minute of it, except for the screwed up fake field goal at the end of the 1st half and the opening kickoff of the 2nd half. Other than that, we completely dominated that game.
Anyone remember that '98 UNC game?
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">bug,
I remember that game well. Was scary with that back to back scoring at the end of the second quarter and start of the 3rd quarter. We have been hurt by that several times in the past including the Clemson game this year and the Virginia game a few years ago. That is a killer when a team can score back to back without you even having the ball...but is very effective for the team doing the scoring.

bugboy

Damn Good Rat
Beeware,

About last year's Clem game:
When Woody dashed for that end of 1st half touchdown, I knew we would lose that game. That play, IMO, was the turning point of the 2001 season.