Thug U at its finest

GoGATech

Big Dummy
That pissed me off bigger than anything. Our team noticed and started coming back but most were corralled by coaches. I don't see the first damn UM coach trying to get their guys back. 100% planned and their coaches knew it apparently.

Didn’t turn out so good for them. Talk is easy. Playing disciplined football is hard. Now they look foolish.

I wouldn’t be surprised if Richt endorsed this, given his track record at uga.

05GTCorndog

Staff member
I got to the game early enough to see this from right there in 122. I had no doubt we were going to beat these clowns. They are all talk. They are not the Miami team that can back up this behavior.

5-8 in their last 13 games with only 2 power 5 wins (UNC and FSU)

law_bee

Dodd-Like
it is surprising (at least to me) at how much they embrace this lack of sportsmanship. It reminds me of the time when Richt told his ugag players to get a unsportsmanship penalty after they scored a touchdown in the UF game.

I do think that college FB has seen its zenith and there will be significant changes in the future. The total "whitewash" of Unc players going to fake classes and the facade of "student athletes" is a poorly built house of cards. How long will universities continue to whore themselves out for the sake of $$$?

oh well...

JJacket

Declared dead for tax purposes.
it is surprising (at least to me) at how much they embrace this lack of sportsmanship. It reminds me of the time when Richt told his ugag players to get a unsportsmanship penalty after they scored a touchdown in the UF game.

I do think that college FB has seen its zenith and there will be significant changes in the future. The total "whitewash" of Unc players going to fake classes and the facade of "student athletes" is a poorly built house of cards. How long will universities continue to whore themselves out for the sake of $$$?

oh well...
Yea, no pregame flag or anything. May have helped us kick the ball out the back of the endzone on opening kick.

The days of this crap going on should be done. The ACC needs to suspend Mark Richt for a half or something. Of course, most Miami fans would be OK with that at the moment so that might not be much of a punishment

JJacket

IMO the worst part about it is the fact that they (the team and the fans defending them) used prayer as justification for the drama. I don't understand how someone like Mark Richt could consistently allow that type of thing to happen.
They did the same thing one year to block the Wreck from coming through after driving around the field and letting the cheerleaders off in the NE part of the field. The Wreck driver just layed on the horn and sat there until they moved.

TampaBayJacket

Dodd-Like
IMO the worst part about it is the fact that they (the team and the fans defending them) used prayer as justification for the drama. I don't understand how someone like Mark Richt could consistently allow that type of thing to happen.
Religion is used as justification for many conflicts in this world. :offtopic:

johncu

Dodd-Like
They did the same thing one year to block the Wreck from coming through after driving around the field and letting the cheerleaders off in the NE part of the field. The Wreck driver just layed on the horn and sat there until they moved.
I remember that and told my wife before they even came out of the tunnel Saturday to watch the Miami players act like assholes as soon as they come out. She was stunned when my prediction came true and didn't understand why Richt would let them do that year after year.

JJacket

We dodged a weather bullet on weather Saturday. Today is a mess.

JJacket

I remember that and told my wife before they even came out of the tunnel Saturday to watch the Miami players act like assholes as soon as they come out. She was stunned when my prediction came true and didn't understand why Richt would let them do that year after year.
I was watching for one of them to hit the car with a helmet or hit the windshield or something. One player seemed to bump his helmet on the fender a bit.

I am fully prepared to get tossed from a game and have my season tix revoked if that crap ever happens cause it will be on.

johncu

Dodd-Like
Religion is used as justification for many conflicts in this world. :offtopic:
True, but that doesn't really apply here.

I'm just saying if my goal was to go pray before the game, I'd be pissed if my teammates were around me acting like idiots and starting öööö. I'd be even more pissed if I was Mark Richt and saw that going on.

All I'm saying is I coach high school soccer, and if any of my players ever did something like that, they wouldn't play in the game.