Ticket question for expanded BDS

bobby dodds ghost

Damn Good Rat
In the past, Tech and UGA have given the visiting school the same number of tickets. I have forgotten what this number is, but let's say it is +/-7500 seats. Obviously, 7500 looks like, and is, a bigger % of total seats at Bobby Dodd Stadium that Sanford Stadium. Roughly 20% of the seats vs 8%. This agreement will be renegotiated this year. I fear an overly high number of seats will be given to UGA this year for sale. I'm in the camp that says the ticket swap should be a percentage of stadium capacity, not an equal number of seats for unequal stadiums. I hope UGA's total from Tech does not ever exceed 10,000 (roughly 1/5 the seats). Add this 10,000 to the large number of season tickets already changing hands with UGA fans currently at BDS and you are at Maximum Redneck Capacity.
Why do I fear that Braine and the GTAA will give UGA whatever number they want? Maybe it is called "Supply and Demand".
mad.gif

Here's to hoping that this does not happen.
frown.gif

BOO

Seems like the actual ticket allocation really has nothing to do with how many red shirts are in the stands though. UGA fans don't seem to mind sitting where they aren't welcome.

I agree though on percentage of capacity.

Its our responsibility as fans to use up every single available ticket and put white and gold asses in every seat!

GJ!

I agree cropduster but if we have a lousy record going into the game (a wildly improbable scenario I'm sure), the place will be mini-Sanford.

Originally posted by bobby dodds ghost:
the ticket swap should be a percentage of stadium capacity, not an equal number of seats for unequal stadiums.

So GT gets more tickets in Athens than UGA gets in ATL ? No way. In the words of Bush the elder "Not gun doit. Wouldn't be prudent"
wink.gif

Once again, another dawgbreath poster has shown us, no matter how we might try, that you can't teach a dog basic mathematical concepts.

Tech should stand strong on this issue (they won't, however).
If UGA does not agree, drop them from the schedule, and replace them with Auburn, the lesser of two redneck kin.
BOO

Originally posted by bobby dodds ghost:
If UGA does not agree, drop them from the schedule, and replace them with Auburn, the lesser of two redneck kin.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Too funny, BDG. But unfortunately the ticket allocations to the visitors will have to be substantial. We have a stadium expansion to pay for. Also we have to pay an extremely large coach's salary and based on his record he won’t generate any ticket sales to the home folks.

It really does not matter how many UGA is officially allotted - they will fill BDS with a sea of red. I predict there will be mass non-renewals among Tech people, creating even more open seats. By that point in the year, barring the unforseen miracle, attendance will be a nightmare and tickets will be aplenty for the redneck horde to invade us. But my friends, this is big-time football and big-time business, and we at least have to have some preparation and hope or people will simply not show up, plain and simple.

I don't see "MASS" non-signup, but when you start with our already smallish season ticket base and take anything from it, it hurts. I would guess 10% to 15% of the tickets will not be reordered. People will be able to walk up and scalp great seats for $5 a piece, so I can see that argument for not reupping for tickets. I'll be buying mine again, but it will be totally out of loyalty to the school, plain and simple. The ticket prices are over priced for the product already. This won't change next Fall.
BOO

Back