Tiggers vs Jackets

We were more physical under O'leary; but haven't been that physical since for whatever reason. The scheme was the only reason we had a chance against Iowa, scheme IS why we beat UGA in '08; we were not physically equal to either team and it showed. Everyone thought this scheme would work in '09 and that we just needed players, well we still need players. Clemson has got players and it shows; so does FSU. We can compete against the rest of the ACC because they don't have the players either; so hooray we can be coastal co-champs. We aren't that bad and we aren't that poorly coached, we just don't have the horses to beat teams with 4&5 star recruits, or break into the top 25.

Nah. Chan had some very physical teams. U guys need to go back and rethink a bit. Paul is where the size of the team and talent dropped. Chans problem wasnt size or talent it was underutilizing it. Paul has neither.

Sad when our best player is a walk on

Nah. Chan had some very physical teams. U guys need to go back and rethink a bit. Paul is where the size of the team and talent dropped. Chans problem wasnt size or talent it was underutilizing it. Paul has neither.

Chan was one decent QB away from getting us to the next level. He might have had them the year he got fired.

Lose 51-7 or 55-24. There are issues with GT football that need fixing before worrying about a head coach.

Justin should probably be starting.

Yes but Paul is still trying to prove a point which he has yet to do, so Vad will start the rest of the season and probably into next year too. Our coach is a stubborn ööööing moron. Vad ain't the QB for this offense unless PJ wants to run something that suits him.

We aren't that bad and we aren't that poorly coached, we just don't have the horses to beat teams with 4&5 star recruits, or break into the top 25.

O'Leary had top 25 teams with a few 4 star recruits, but really very few. He said you need a few difference makers, and he had a few. The current coach does not have those difference makers against a top 25 team. We can't be Alabama, but we can be competitive against top 25 teams, and right now we are not. Further, this offense is not an offense that will upset teams with superior talent (like Duke has done).

If Gailey wasn't so stubborn, and would have hired an offensive coordinator like a Chad Morris, he would have been a good head coach. He had a good eye for talent, and became a better recruiter.

The real problem is that we have no Homer Rice and no Kim King. A good AD would have force Gailey to hire an OC. Homer had no problem stepping into assistant coaching decisions.

The only teams who have scored more on Clemson than us tonight are UGA (35) and FSU (51). 6 teams scored 14 or less. Only WF and UVA allowed more points. Guess that means our offense is the problem.

We were almost done at OL in 08 thanks to Chan. Hard to say how good we could have done.

Actually i will be the first to say paul did better in 08 than chan would be able to do. Thats because chans weakness wasnt getting decent players but maximizing them. Funny thing is we all said chan forced reggie in his system. What are we saying about pj and vad now?

A bit ironic. The difference is pj has little talent.

The only teams who have scored more on Clemson than us tonight are UGA (35) and FSU (51). 6 teams scored 14 or less. Only WF and UVA allowed more points. Guess that means our offense is the problem.

I agree. If you leave the D on the field without being able to muster more than 4 plays in your first four drives, you're done. I didn't see the offensive genius make appropriate changes until the second half and it was too late because he's already used up his tires.

Did you watch the game or just look at the box score? Don't take refuge behind meaningless stats. Those were garbage points after we were down by 3+ scores. We got torched. This moral victory crap is unbelievable....wouldn't fly at Bama...maybe at Georgia.

I agree. If you leave the D on the field without being able to muster more than 4 plays in your first four drives, you're done. I didn't see the offensive genius make appropriate changes until the second half and it was too late because he's already used up his tires.

We had 400+ yards of offense and 25 first downs. Cry me a river about leaving the defense on the field.

Back