Tough day for the Pastner haters

jts1207

Memes posted are not fact checked for accuracy
Yeah tough day .....it took the last 5 mins of the game to put away last year's last place Big team. I would take Hoiberg in a heart beat over Pastner.

johncu

Dodd-Like
Yeah tough day .....it took the last 5 mins of the game to put away last year's last place Big team. I would take Hoiberg in a heart beat over Pastner.
They whipped our asses in the same tournament last year, and we ended up going 11-9 in the ACC. I'll gladly take a double digit win this time around.

edit - yeah this is wrong but I'm gonna take the L and leave it up

Last edited:

madRazor

Damn Good Rat
They whipped our asses in the same tournament last year, and we ended up going 11-9 in the ACC. I'll gladly take a double digit win this time around.
Mods please fact check this post.

johncu

Dodd-Like
Mods please fact check this post.
LOL my bad, I must have misremembered. Looks like we won by 17. Doesn't change the overall sentiment, though. Our ACC record last year was NCAAT worthy, and stupid OOC losses kept us out of the conversation. I'll take any win at this point.

savbandjacket

Dr. SBJ
LOL my bad, I must have misremembered. Looks like we won by 17. Doesn't change the overall sentiment, though. Our ACC record last year was NCAAT worthy, and stupid OOC losses kept us out of the conversation. I'll take any win at this point.
So same as it ever was then?

I cannot think of two stupider OOC losses than G-Stizzle and Mercer.

johncu

Dodd-Like

Oh I agree, completely. We started off on the same track. Reminds of VT several years ago. It seemed like they would lose multiple embarrassing games OOC and then go .500 in the ACC.

Looks like we went 6-5 OOC last year, with wins over Elon, Bethune-Cookman, Nebraska, Boise State, Hawaii, and Morehouse. We got off to a bad start, but it does look like we may be turning things around, especially on the defensive end.

madRazor

Damn Good Rat
Make 3s, win game. Was even game until Alvardez went on a run by himself. Hopefully someone can get hot each game, and the defense continues to be at least good enough.

Still miss the run and gun style of ball that would result in "Ishmail" type posterizing of fools...

coit

Smarter than Diseqc
Make 3s, win game. Was even game until Alvardez went on a run by himself. Hopefully someone can get hot each game, and the defense continues to be at least good enough.

Still miss the run and gun style of ball that would result in "Ishmail" type posterizing of fools...
They had to endure that run of 3s that the Nebraska kid made. 6 of 7, some from well beyond the arc. The team showed character in coming back after Nebraska built the 2nd half lead.

Last edited:

05GTCorndog

Dodd-Like
Mercer is actually not a bad team. We shouldn't lose to them, but I think GA State is going to be the worse loss when we look back at the end of the year.

smokey_wasp

Dodd-Like

Grambling and a couple others. But I guess we had the excuse of Okogie being out for that one. It's always something that causes a slow start with these teams.

Graybeard Jacket

Varsity Lurker
You know this year's Nebraska team doesn't look anything like last years. They have 7 players without a picture on their roster on their website.

05GTCorndog

Dodd-Like
2016-17
Ohio had an RPI of 117
Pedd State 104
NC St 139

2017-18
Grambling 221
Wofford was 131
Wright State was 111
Wake at 123

2018-19
Northwestern 199
Gardner-Webb 131
UGA 189
Notre Dame 170 (twice)
Miami 129

2019-20
Ball State 177
Pitt 146

Looks like Grambling is the 'bad loss' winner if you rank them by RPI.

Last edited: