Tough day for the Pastner haters

jts1207

Memes posted are not fact checked for accuracy
I posted a very similar post in the football forum a month or so ago. Are you a dumbass who was piss and vinegar after we beat FSU?

5-3 1-1 is quite good based on the schedule to date. Extremely good if you consider the "no practice" ööööup cost us GSU without question and possibly Mercer. Future unknown but reasons for optimism abound.
5-3 is good as of schedule to date? Who's fault is the no practice?

00Burdell

Dodd-Like
Seems you are one of those fans who yearns for loss and misfortune in order to fulfill your prophecy of one who will lead us to the promised land.

Reactions: eg1

jts1207

Seems you are one of those fans who yearns for loss and misfortune in order to fulfill your prophecy of one who will lead us to the promised land.

Pastner isn't leading us anywhere. If not this year....when? 4 more years when he has another get old stay old class?

00Burdell

Dodd-Like
Pastner isn't leading us anywhere. If not this year....when? 4 more years when he has another get old stay old class?
Dude - I don't freakin know where CJP is leading us. All I know is he, in my humble opinion, has more upside that anyone we've had since Cremins. Laugh all you want but we aren't exactly a landing spot for legendary coaches. I am cognizant of his screw ups and hopefully, we have seen the last of them. But while he is here and on staff then I expect all GT fans to support him. Privately, you can stalk CTS in the parking deck to replace him but until such time can we just let the guy win a few and be happy about it?

GTCrew

Patrick Henry
5-3 is good as of schedule to date? Who's fault is the no practice?
Yes. 5-3 1-1 is good as of schedule to date. As is the trend.

Are you still crying over GSU and Mercer? Spilt milk, dude. Get over it. We recognized the problem and moved on quickly. Adjustments are the sign of a bad coach? Does a good coach never make mistakes? Team is 5-1 1-1 in last 6. Only loss is to a very very good team. Beat UK and UNC, both of which have much more talent than us and championship winning coaches.

Someone on this staff can coach. If it wasn't obvious before it became obvious last year and it is continuing into this year so far. Might not be Gregory, but someone is doing more with less.

jts1207

Yes. 5-3 1-1 is good as of schedule to date. As is the trend.

Are you still crying over GSU and Mercer? Spilt milk, dude. Get over it. We recognized the problem and moved on quickly. Adjustments are the sign of a bad coach? Does a good coach never make mistakes? Team is 5-1 1-1 in last 6. Only loss is to a very very good team. Beat UK and UNC, both of which have much more talent than us and championship winning coaches.

Someone on this staff can coach. If it wasn't obvious before it became obvious last year and it is continuing into this year so far. Might not be Gregory, but someone is doing more with less.

You're the one saying 5-3 is good for schedule to date. Tired of the excuse making for this idiot. Kentucky is 1-6 ....yay we beat Kentucky.....just like everyone else they played. I just hope they show this idiot the door when we don't make the tournament .... again

gpburdell

Jolly Good Fellow
All I know is he, in my humble opinion, has more upside that anyone we've had since Cremins.
Hewitt got to a NCAAT championship game which Cremins never did... I will always love Cremins though as he is a great ambassador for GT. I hate how things ended with Hewitt, but I'm happy with the good years he gave us. Pastner hasn't done anything in 4 years to make me feel good about the program (the exact opposite actually).

GTCrew

Patrick Henry
You're the one saying 5-3 is good for schedule to date. Tired of the excuse making for this idiot. Kentucky is 1-6 ....yay we beat Kentucky.....just like everyone else they played. I just hope they show this idiot the door when we don't make the tournament .... again
It is good.

Does Kentucky have more talent than us?

00Burdell

Dodd-Like
With all due respect, I just rewatched the UNC game - the way our team closed ranks and stepped up to close the deal on that win - wow. It has been a loooooooooooooong time since I have seen that level of team chemistry. Seems to me that your strategy of diminishing our wins is to diminish our opponents. Ok, so you are now obligated to diminish both Kentucky and UNC. That is a herculean task. We will be playing Duke soon and I'm kind of curious if you will stick with this idiotic strategy if we win - its kind of comical to speculate what you will do if we beat Duke.

1982Jacket

Damn Good Rat
With all due respect, I just rewatched the UNC game - the way our team closed ranks and stepped up to close the deal on that win - wow. It has been a loooooooooooooong time since I have seen that level of team chemistry. Seems to me that your strategy of diminishing our wins is to diminish our opponents. Ok, so you are now obligated to diminish both Kentucky and UNC. That is a herculean task. We will be playing Duke soon and I'm kind of curious if you will stick with this idiotic strategy if we win - its kind of comical to speculate what you will do if we beat Duke.
He has already deprecated Duke here.

TBH, this is a down year for ALL of those programs. Still, we could only win or lose against them, and I prefer win.

The time to get rid of Pastner was after the infractions debacle. At this point, we have him for at least this year and next. He has his best recuiting class coming in next year, too. If he can't do anything with that, then they will let him go. Until then, as long as he is still Tech's coach, I'm going to hope he wins every game he can. And I am more optimistic than I have been in more than a decade.

GTCrew

Patrick Henry
Yup. Same as last year when we finished iirc 4th in conference (a very very rare level) and these tards could only scream about how the conference was down.

jts1207

Yup. Same as last year when we finished iirc 4th in conference (a very very rare level) and these tards could only scream about how the conference was down.

The conference was down last year. We could have gone undefeated though and it wouldn't have mattered. Covid bailed the idiot out for being on probation

GTCrew

Patrick Henry
The conference was down last year. We could have gone undefeated though and it wouldn't have mattered. Covid bailed the idiot out for being on probation
Predicted excuse? Check. Verification appreciated. But why would you proceed to admit you would not have been satisfied with undefeated, admitting that you would still whine like a little baby?

We all suspected your opinion was not reasonable, but you simply verified that for us. Thanks.

jts1207

Predicted excuse? Check. Verification appreciated. But why would you proceed to admit you would not have been satisfied with undefeated, admitting that you would still whine like a little baby?

We all suspected your opinion was not reasonable, but you simply verified that for us. Thanks.

No. Just stop bringing up last year...it's meaningless. Continue to beat your chest for beating a historically bad UK team though

AlaGold

Dodd-Like
Good win vs a avg team.I hope it leads to better wins on the road which is what we will need to get to ncaa.We need to enjoy this SR dominated team for sure.

00Burdell

Dodd-Like
No. Just stop bringing up last year...it's meaningless. Continue to beat your chest for beating a historically bad UK team though
Just askin but was that ho that accused CJP of boinkin her in the fire stairwell or whatever your mom or somethin?

jts1207

Just askin but was that ho that accused CJP of boinkin her in the fire stairwell or whatever your mom or somethin?

I don't like him. He acts like a clown. Can't recruit. Hasn't won öööö and should never have been given a 2nd chance. Sooner he's gone the better. I'm sure when we miss the tourney again you all will be making more excuses .......next year it will be we are a young team blah blah blah. Happy New Year

77GTFan

Dodd-Like
Last year is relevant to the Pastner discussion. The team was playing well. I believe two ACC wins had them in the big dance. Post season play was pretty much guaranteed. You can’t fault Pastner that COVID hit. This year he screwed up big time by not being ready for Ga State and Mercer. 7-1 would be nice; we would be ranked. Those two horrific losses to start the year could really haunt us in March if we are on the bubble.

However, since those two games this team has played well. Kentucky is struggling. Nebraska is no power. UNC is not a great team. But, I enjoyed all three games a lot. Pastner has us at a place where I feel like we have a good chance to win almost any ACC game. (He has yet to solve the Duke riddle and we struggle against the very best teams, as most teams do.) I just don’t understand complaining about Pastner after wins. Let us enjoy the good days, rue the bad ones, and evaluate at the end of the year.

yellowbritchies

Varsity Lurker
Dude - I don't freakin know where CJP is leading us. All I know is he, in my humble opinion, has more upside that anyone we've had since Cremins. Laugh all you want but we aren't exactly a landing spot for legendary coaches. I am cognizant of his screw ups and hopefully, we have seen the last of them. But while he is here and on staff then I expect all GT fans to support him. Privately, you can stalk CTS in the parking deck to replace him but until such time can we just let the guy win a few and be happy about it?
BINGO!!

yellowbritchies

Varsity Lurker
I don't like him. He acts like a clown. Can't recruit. Hasn't won öööö and should never have been given a 2nd chance. Sooner he's gone the better. I'm sure when we miss the tourney again you all will be making more excuses .......next year it will be we are a young team blah blah blah. Happy New Year
Jesus man! You assume that Tech can have any coach they want, ain't no way. Be happy that the players are competing. Right now Pastner will do much better than GC record wise. 3 years from now maybe both teams will be in the top 15, what's not to like?