Tough day for the Pastner haters

18in32

Petard Hoister
I think Jose has a kid and wants to make money. So he’s gone.
I have no idea about his personal circumstances but he's fairly new to the 'potential pro player' discussion. He might want another year to impress scouts, if his goal is to make money. And that's whether he's going to play here or overseas.

midatlantech

Dodd-Like
I have no idea about his personal circumstances but he's fairly new to the 'potential pro player' discussion. He might want another year to impress scouts, if his goal is to make money. And that's whether he's going to play here or overseas.
Jose has a good record for pro leagues to figure out. He was doing well until hurt but last year he was clearly a key to us getting to fifth place. This year he is clearly carrying the team and finally Pastner is letting him do it for as much as he has energy.

Beeski

Damn Good Rat
Jose has a good record for pro leagues to figure out. He was doing well until hurt but last year he was clearly a key to us getting to fifth place. This year he is clearly carrying the team and finally Pastner is letting him do it for as much as he has energy.
Two other positive attributes for the pro leagues:
- His 3 point shooting is much improved
- He leads the ACC in steals

jts1207

Memes posted are not fact checked for accuracy
Two other positive attributes for the pro leagues:
- His 3 point shooting is much improved
- He leads the ACC in steals

I hope by pro leagues you mean over seas

johncu

Dodd-Like
I am starting to really like CJP. He’s definitely a goober, but it’s obvious that his players buy in. They play sound basketball and hustle hard as hell - something that is less and less common in basketball these days.

How can you hate a guy that is this ööööing pumped about Georgia Tech?

OptionJacket

Varsity Lurker
I like Pastner in the same vain as Collins. Enthusiasm, loves the players, etc, etc. But that last play of regulation by a senior point guard shows either he can’t really coach the X’s and O’s or the players don’t respect him. I’ve never seen any ACC team do what GT did in that situation. Our entire staff and team froze. I get letting players play but when your paid millions you gotta have something else than that.

JelloJacket

Flats Noob
I like Pastner in the same vain as Collins. Enthusiasm, loves the players, etc, etc. But that last play of regulation by a senior point guard shows either he can’t really coach the X’s and O’s or the players don’t respect him. I’ve never seen any ACC team do what GT did in that situation. Our entire staff and team froze. I get letting players play but when your paid millions you gotta have something else than that.
You haven't watched a lot of basketball or have memory loss. Plenty of stupid öööö has happened over the years for every team.

jts1207

I am starting to really like CJP. He’s definitely a goober, but it’s obvious that his players buy in. They play sound basketball and hustle hard as hell - something that is less and less common in basketball these days.

How can you hate a guy that is this ööööing pumped about Georgia Tech?

He's embarrassing. Acts like a complete douche in-game

JelloJacket

Flats Noob
Have any examples
The list could go on for a while but these are famous ones.

Before 3 point shots

Gary Williams - not a bad hall of fame coach

Not every crappy play ends poorly

ööööing Carolina luck

ööööing Carolina

jts1207

The list could go on for a while but these are famous ones.

Before 3 point shots

Gary Williams - not a bad hall of fame coach

Not every crappy play ends poorly

ööööing Carolina luck

ööööing Carolina

Not comparable but OK

JelloJacket

Flats Noob
Not comparable but OK
OK. Good discussion.

The original quote that you are saying those examples are not comparable to.
But that last play of regulation by a senior point guard shows either he can’t really coach the X’s and O’s or the players don’t respect him. I’ve never seen any ACC team do what GT did in that situation.
My response
You haven't watched a lot of basketball or have memory loss. Plenty of stupid öööö has happened over the years for every team.
Your request
Have any examples
My examples are perfectly comparable and you know it so you bow out of the discussion.

jts1207

OK. Good discussion.

The original quote that you are saying those examples are not comparable to.

My response

Your request

My examples are perfectly comparable and you know it so you bow out of the discussion.

Yes. Webber calling a timeout in the FF is just like hoisting up a barely guarded 3 bomb with plenty of time on the clock.