Tough day for the Pastner haters

Vespidie

The Antivirus
Excellent we agree then. Players do stupid öööö, has for all time, and doesn't mean the players don't respect the coach.
Not arguing the fact one way or the other, but if our guard play in regulation doesn't vastly improve over what it was against Duke, then our guys won't go far. Alvarado showed up in OT, but we need more from both in regulation. That game should have never gone to OT to begin with.

OptionJacket

Varsity Lurker
The point isn’t a player made (and admitted it) a stupid play. Happens all the time. The point is no way a legit coach gives him the freedom to make such a stupid play. I’ve been watching college hoops for 40plus years and you always run some sort of play or have a Jordan/Bias type just clear out and go for it. You can see Pastner‘s reaction to it as the shot is released. He is a fan at that point instead of a coach. He should be the one guy who knows what is about to happen. Compare that to what Duke ran right after the Alvarado shot. They made a coached play and got a legit shot off that bounced off the rim. We won. Great. But the coaching is no where to an even average college level.

gtg970g

Damn Good Rat
The point isn’t a player made (and admitted it) a stupid play. Happens all the time. The point is no way a legit coach gives him the freedom to make such a stupid play. I’ve been watching college hoops for 40plus years and you always run some sort of play or have a Jordan/Bias type just clear out and go for it. You can see Pastner‘s reaction to it as the shot is released. He is a fan at that point instead of a coach. He should be the one guy who knows what is about to happen. Compare that to what Duke ran right after the Alvarado shot. They made a coached play and got a legit shot off that bounced off the rim. We won. Great. But the coaching is no where to an even average college level.
Did you see the end of the UVA vs. Duke game? If not go look at Virginia's last two possessions with 3 TOs in their pocket. Do you consider Tony Bennet a good coach? Coaches are not infallible.

Techbert

Dodd-Like
No I am not. I made a statement, some feefees got hurt and so i proved my point.
Dude, love you like a brother, but you are Lev in this forum.

I set some parameters, tested them, and you are Lev.

Personalizing everything involving Pastner, answering every point against yours no matter what, resorting to arcane and unnatural reasoning to make your points, resorting to name calling when those arcane arguments fail, not admitting you are wrong no matter what, downvoting posts other people all upvote, misrepresenting other people's positions, moving the goalposts.

It is all classic Lev, and that is what I read here. The obsession level is equal.

I don't have a strong opinion of Pastner either way, so yeah I can see with only a pro-GT bias. You don't like the guy? We get it. That's fine. But you turning into a douche and soiling every thread is not fine. I wish you were able to enjoy a positive season for GT basketball and see what the coach does well and appreciate it, but that may be asking too much. If so, remember you don't have to respond to everything. Your life will be better. Our lives will be better. Everyone wins. You have something worth saying, say it. You want to bicker endlessly... not worth it to you or those around you.

Hope you read what I said and not just close up cuz criticism. Hope you see this post as a wakeup.

gtphd

He / Him / His
I don’t like the guy and think we should let him go (at least let his contract expire) but I still want to see the team win. Those are not mutually exclusive positions.

jts1207

Memes posted are not fact checked for accuracy

Personalizing everything involving Pastner, answering every point against yours no matter what, resorting to arcane and unnatural reasoning to make your points, resorting to name calling when those arcane arguments fail, not admitting you are wrong no matter what, downvoting posts other people all upvote, misrepresenting other people's positions, moving the goalposts.

It is all classic Lev, and that is what I read here. The obsession level is equal.

I don't have a strong opinion of Pastner either way, so yeah I can see with only a pro-GT bias. You don't like the guy? We get it. That's fine. But you turning into a douche and soiling every thread is not fine. I wish you were able to enjoy a positive season for GT basketball and see what the coach does well and appreciate it, but that may be asking too much. If so, remember you don't have to respond to everything. Your life will be better. Our lives will be better. Everyone wins. You have something worth saying, say it. You want to bicker endlessly... not worth it to you or those around you.

Hope you read what I said and not just close up cuz criticism. Hope you see this post as a wakeup.

I don't care about the criticism...iiwii. The last few game threads I've stayed out of until I've been tagged in them. Everybody beating their chests how great Pastner is because we finally made a tournament on the last week of the season is comical to me not to mention some of the comparisons. I.dont like the guy and have my reasons and like a few sane others have said.....let him coach out his contract and evaluate at this point.

OptionJacket

Varsity Lurker
Did you see the end of the UVA vs. Duke game? If not go look at Virginia's last two possessions with 3 TOs in their pocket. Do you consider Tony Bennet a good coach? Coaches are not infallible.
Come on. Bennett has a track record of winning. Pastner does not. The bottom line is we’ve seen this game after game, season after season with Pastner. He is a subpar game coach who lets his players do whatever they want. I’m glad we will make the tourney. All it took was for the usual powers to have down years at the same time. That won’t happen very often, but glad to see GT was able to take advantage. Now that we’ll lose our best two players and the law of averages say the other teams will trend back toward the norm, we’ll see if Pastner can sustain anything from this. I hope he can.

BuzzLaw

I hope it rains at my funeral

As one of the more consistent supporters of Pastner, l feel obligated to say this is over the line. Calling anyone Lev is about as low a thing as you can do.