Tough on HS SRs

GTnut

Varsity Lurker
Man, it has got to be tough on these HS SRs to know when to pull the trigger and then stand tall with their choice.
Speaking of Choice as an example - here GT makes an offer, a long time ago, he makes unofficial visits, probably wouldn't learn much new in an official visit. GT says we want you, but we need a decision in December. Choice say No, I am not ready to make a decision. His only other firm offer to date is Vandy - now they are in the SEC, an advantage to some (not me), academics on par with GT, but a bad football team that might not make it to a bowl game during his time there (if that is where he ends up). States he likes UF, ND and OK. Now ND has verbals from 4 RBs and 1 FB already-all of the RBs are faster and rated higher than Choice. Florida and Oklahoma have no RB verbals, but both have a number of higher rated RBs on their board.
David Price, a highly rated OL, from Fl likes GT and it is pretty much assumed would go to GT if offered. GT has him on hold awaiting decisions by others, not necessarily OL to see how many ships they will have available. Of the 7 highest rated OL, GT offered (per Insiders and not necessarily true on either count), 6 have given verbals elsewhere, 1 has given a verbal to Oh ST, but they have not accepted it yet, the 8th highest rated "offer" would be to Price. The offer to our 9th highest rated OL accepted it, but now wants to look around. Our 10th and 11 highest rated offer have given us verbals.
We have a visit coming from Nixon, we are yet to offer, but he moved Maryland ahead of Penn St in his preferences, because they have a better school for his preferred major - Criminal Justice. Well, we should knock his socks off when he visits. Do we offer that major?
tongue.gif

I know it is tough on us fanatics, tougher yet on the FB staffs, but man it has to be tough on the kids.

Great read. Thank you. Its no wonder that verbals don't mean as much as they once did, come signing day.

GTnut, I meant to say we will not get a visit because he has dropped us and is not considering us anymore.

Back