Transfer OL-Nick Pendley-Miss St.

The trick is also to coach them up/put them in positions to succeed.
There has been tremendous improvement on the DL. I think the OL has been slower to improve, bit pass blocking is world's better than last season. I think the next improvements will be a fairly large jump. We have a good S&C program. We are getting bigger and stronger

We have the best offensive line coach in college football.
You can have the best offensive line coach in all of football, but we are still going to have to get in the longer framed, taller, OL that we can put some muscle on. 6'6" 330 lb OL are what we will recruit.

You can have the best offensive line coach in all of football, but we are still going to have to get in the longer framed, taller, OL that we can put some muscle on. 6'6" 330 lb OL are what we will recruit.

Just get about 18 of them on scholarship, then keep refreshing and suggesting the lesser ones portal to where they can play. That ought to keep us with a grownup line and a young line to step in where needed for injuries, have 2 positions on one cycle, other 3 on the other.

and get a real pass catching TE sometime

Just get about 18 of them on scholarship, then keep refreshing and suggesting the lesser ones portal to where they can play. That ought to keep us with a grownup line and a young line to step in where needed for injuries, have 2 positions on one cycle, other 3 on the other.

We've had such problems recruiting quality offensive linemen that an outsized number of OL recruits/transfers are in order. The more you have, the more options you have of putting together a solid OL. And it's the single most important area on a football team, IMO.

More like 3 one cycle and 4 the other.

Big boy.

Gibbs will have big games running behind the holes in the DLines he will open.

Good times ahead.

There has been tremendous improvement on the DL. I think the OL has been slower to improve, bit pass blocking is world's better than last season. I think the next improvements will be a fairly large jump. We have a good S&C program. We are getting bigger and stronger

Agreed. I think we will see a big jump from the future redshirt freshman OL. I'm excited to see Wing Green and the crew next year. Obviously JW54 has been playing pretty well

OL recruiting/transfers is part of the GC process. It is a process because it can't happen overnight. Great OL are created through S&C but you have to recruit the correct body types too. I am being patient and urge others to be as well. It may take four years before I expect results so I consider even next year part of the rebuilding process. We've clearly taken baby steps this year and you are blind if you cant see it. Like any infant, we've face planted too so patience is necessary.

How much do we think he'll weigh in after 6 months with coach Lew? I'm guessing 325.

Interesting post in a thread started for a OL guy who is only 6'4" 300 lbs.

Interesting post in a thread started for a OL guy who is only 6'4" 300 lbs.
I bet you a co-cola he isn't a pound under 310, maybe heavier. Will be 330 before he leaves and maybe 6'5"

Back