Transfer Portal Population: 800+

OptionsJacket

BpBuSp
Calling BS. What's your source?
No source

I think our program is a prime landing spot. I trust CJP+staff will find the correct players that will fit our system and lockerroom. It looks like he and staff can recognize talent and develop it. He should be able to sell that easy to the top guys available for our needs.

BrentwoodJacket

Dodd-Like
Hopefully we can get a quality post player out of the portal. A post player would help us whether Moses goes or stays. Moses might be more likely to stay if he could work on his power forward skills and increase his draft position.

BrentwoodJacket

Dodd-Like
Do we have a chance at Kessler even though he has a UGA heritage now that he can transfer in from UNC with no penalty?

WracerX

Dr. Dunkingstein
If I just finished my undergrad, had a year of eligibility left, and wasn’t an NBA prospect, I’d be in the transfer portal looking for a free masters degree, too.
And if I thought I wanted to coach, I would do it to increase my contacts in the business.

18in32

Petard Hoister
He should be and can be. If you read between the lines it sounds like he knows exactly what needs to be done.
He should be selective, but I remember being burned several years in a row at the end of Cremins' tenure, when he was laser focused on one or two great players. When he couldn't reel those guys in, suddenly we had talent gaps on the team. He had built such an incredible track record of recruiting great players who were immediate contributors (6 ACC ROY in 8 years), that when he started misfiring the whole thing collapsed on him.

eg1

Dodd-Like
Sidewalk fan here, so don’t know what fraction of these players have suitable academic background? :dunno:

gtfan088

Dodd-Like

BrentwoodJacket

Dodd-Like
Would be great if we could land him and Alvarado were to come back, giving him a year to develop behind him.
This would be a win-win. Jose does not have to play 40 minutes and he gets to enhance his offense by freeing him from the point guard position at times. Smith can learn from Jose and still get plenty of playing time. We will be playing 3 to 4 guards almost all of the time no matter who returns. More depth will allow us to increase full court pressure defense.