Transfers Eligible Immediately

The NCAA is run by 22 year olds? Sounds about right

As much as it feels like everything always works against the GT football program, the timing of the free-eligibility year to coincide with our ‘20 class and free-transfer year to coincide with us bringing in 6+ from the portal is pretty magical.
Yea. Helpful in turning the roster over. Don’t be surprised if we get a few more as well

As much as it feels like everything always works against the GT football program, the timing of the free-eligibility year to coincide with our ‘20 class and free-transfer year to coincide with us bringing in 6+ from the portal is pretty magical.
Almost as if our coaches anticipated it once it was clear the landscape would be heavily impacted by COVID and adjusted their strategy accordingly.

What will be interesting now is whether there’s an explosion of transfers at the end of the season. I think many thought this may happen, but just now it’s official.

There could be a ton of backups wanting to start that try to move. We could potentially benefit if some players want to move closer to home since we’re in a talent hotbed.

It’s obvious the NCAA strategically waited until after ESD so rosters would be full and there wouldn’t be a major exodus from certain programs.

This coupled with the free year of eligibility is going to make managing a roster to the 85 scholarship cap very difficult (and potentially messy) this offseason.

What will be interesting now is whether there’s an explosion of transfers at the end of the season. I think many thought this may happen, but just now it’s official.

There could be a ton of backups wanting to start that try to move. We could potentially benefit if some players want to move closer to home since we’re in a talent hotbed.

It’s obvious the NCAA strategically waited until after ESD so rosters would be full and there wouldn’t be a major exodus from certain programs.

This coupled with the free year of eligibility is going to make managing a roster to the 85 scholarship cap very difficult (and potentially messy) this offseason.
From the NCAA web site we can have up to 110. I asume this includes seniors like Cochran transferring in.:

Here is an example of how this could play out for a college team:

• A fully funded NCAA D1 FBS football team has a maximum of 85 scholarships. All D1 FBS scholarships are full-rides.
  • For the 2020-21 season, the team has 25 seniors on scholarship. Let’s say all of these seniors get an extra year of eligibility.
  • For the 2021-22 school year, this program could bring back up to 25 seniors and all of those seniors are eligible to keep their scholarships.
  • If the school is able to fund the maximum number of scholarships it can for the 2021-22 school year, they could have 110 athletes on scholarships. That means 25 returning seniors and 85 others.

From the NCAA web site we can have up to 110. I asume this includes seniors like Cochran transferring in.:

• A fully funded NCAA D1 FBS football team has a maximum of 85 scholarships. All D1 FBS scholarships are full-rides.
  • For the 2020-21 season, the team has 25 seniors on scholarship. Let’s say all of these seniors get an extra year of eligibility.
  • For the 2021-22 school year, this program could bring back up to 25 seniors and all of those seniors are eligible to keep their scholarships.
  • If the school is able to fund the maximum number of scholarships it can for the 2021-22 school year, they could have 110 athletes on scholarships. That means 25 returning seniors and 85 others.
Given the economic impact to athletic departments and the increase in scholarships for FB, I wonder how many non revenue sports are going to be cut in the coming year across the country?

"We" can't have 110. Your extra number over the 85 only pertains to the number of Sr.'s you have returning that would have otherwise graduated and/or exhausted their eligibility. IIRC, we have 13 scholarship Sr.'s. If they all decided to stay, our max could be 98 scholarship players. If 10 stay, our max would be 95, etc. Now the Cochran situation I'm not sure about. He didn't play last year but is a Sr./grad student that would've used up his eligibility last year. He may count towards the "returning Sr." number and not the 85.

Eat öööö Pitt

The only proper response to that line.
Not sure where I heard it first, but drunk in bars I yell "öööö that bitch" and my wife hates it. Distances herself from me when the song starts. Always gets a good laugh.

"We" can't have 110. Your extra number over the 85 only pertains to the number of Sr.'s you have returning that would have otherwise graduated and/or exhausted their eligibility. IIRC, we have 13 scholarship Sr.'s. If they all decided to stay, our max could be 98 scholarship players. If 10 stay, our max would be 95, etc. Now the Cochran situation I'm not sure about. He didn't play last year but is a Sr./grad student that would've used up his eligibility last year. He may count towards the "returning Sr." number and not the 85.
I don’t think we need to worry about it. Our program, like most others, is facing COVID related financial issues which will preclude having 95, or 110, student athletes on full rides. We don’t need to worry about managing to the NCAA number anymore, but I am sure Collins will have an internal number he has to manage to that will never be made public.

Not sure where I heard it first, but drunk in bars I yell "öööö that bitch" and my wife hates it. Distances herself from me when the song starts. Always gets a good laugh.

What kind of intensity are you saying it with? Gonna do this next time I hear it. Trying to figure out the proper tone

Given the economic impact to athletic departments and the increase in scholarships for FB, I wonder how many non revenue sports are going to be cut in the coming year across the country?
Another year or two like this and there will be FB Programs gutted.

Back