Transfers heating up...as needed

texstinger

Dodd-Like
We finally have a coach who knows how to play the game that the corrupt NCAA has evolved in to. I hate what college sports has become but I’m happy we finally will be bringing a gun to a gun fight. The transfer portal is just the newest tumor the corrupt NCAA has allowed to grow. And no one is being forced out of GT. These players are making a personal decision to not sit the bench.
This is the actual truth.

BranMart

Vegetables taste like sad.
Jaylen Jackson appears in her feed. Maybe him. I wonder if he regrets flippng from Cincinnati?

ScionOfSouthland

Dodd-Like
Jeezus we lose plenty more on average every year than the supposed 3 we will have “over the limit”.

I hope CGC is as good as getting the number down as CCG & CPJ were.

Seems like some ( not saying Scion) won’t be happy until we handicap ourselves further with a 75 to 80 player roster.
FWIW I mixed up 2019 and 2020. Too much juice

The Champ

Dodd-Like
Pretty amazing we have only had 2 guys leave so far; I imagine the average for a coaching transition is like 10-12. The CCG-CPJ shift was around 15 I believe.

KC_Jackets

Varsity Lurker
Jaylen Jackson may be another one to keep an eye on. She said 'players' - plural. He is from a similar part of the state as her, so she may have somewhat inside info if they share mutual connections. Also, a former HS teammate of Jaylen and current Mercer football player 'liked' her tweet.

Last edited:

pandajacket

Varsity Lurker
JJ Green is the worst.

Also I feel like KSU is gonna try and load up on these guys.

JJacket

Declared dead for tax purposes.
Jaylen Jackson may be another one to keep an eye on. She said 'players' - plural. He is from a similar part of the state as her, so she may have somewhat inside info if they share mutual connections. Also, a former HS teammate of Jaylen and current Mercer football player 'liked' her tweet.
I bet we lose a RB. I have no insider information on anything, btw.

savbandjacket

Dr. SBJ
Mercer. Now that’s a football team where I care what its players think.

(And I went there).

JJacket

Declared dead for tax purposes.
Way to go out on a limb there considering we have about 600 of them.
Well, it makes sense. Strange how when we lost Mills we were panicking about running backs, now we have a crap ton of them

smokey_wasp

Dodd-Like
Well, it makes sense. Strange how when we lost Mills we were panicking about running backs, now we have a crap ton of them
Yeah, A-backs are the biggest challenge, but we are pretty crowded with traditonal running backs, too. The only place for A-backs to play in the new offense would be slot receiver, but CGC is looking for elite speed there. Early enrollee Ahmaerean Brown has pretty much become the # 1 guy there already, and I expect Kalani Norris to push for PT in the slot when he arrives in the fall. Something's gotta give, there.

GT65_UGA89

We’re a Coca-Cola school
We finally have a coach who knows how to play the game that the corrupt NCAA has evolved in to. I hate what college sports has become but I’m happy we finally will be bringing a gun to a gun fight. The transfer portal is just the newest tumor the corrupt NCAA has allowed to grow. And no one is being forced out of GT. These players are making a personal decision to not sit the bench.
BiGTime college football - if you ain't 3 deep then best to you in your future endeavors.