UCF game at 7:30pm!

JJacket

Declared dead for tax purposes.
I fully expect it to be 90 degrees without a cloud in the sky for the kickoff of the Jax State game

Deke

Everybody relax, I'm here.
Nice to see us on TV in a later slot, but not a home game
:bigcry:

travgt01

Flats Noob
So that's 3 night games on the schedule. Not a damn one of them at BDS. Fully expect all nooners at home yet again.

GT1992

Dodd-Like
Why are we playing in that joke of a stadium? They had to rebuild it after it nearly fell down from fans and it is a long way from Beestorms play land.

law_bee

Dodd-Like
Why are we playing in that joke of a stadium? They had to rebuild it after it nearly fell down from fans and it is a long way from Beestorms play land.
The "Bounce House"[edit]
The stadium is also known as "The Bounce House"[29][30][31][32] because the stadium vibrates and shakes when fans jump in unison, most notably when Zombie Nation's song "Kernkraft 400" is played.[14] While many fans like this feature, some are uneasy with the bouncing. Stadium officials claimed the stadium was structurally sound, and an independent contractor confirmed that the bouncing will not damage the stadium and shorten its expected 50–year useful life. Still, a project was begun prior to the 2008 season to reinforce the stadium superstructure and mitigate the bouncing effect.[33]

While the bouncing has been greatly reduced by the stadium reinforcements, it is still noticeable - sometimes enough to shake TV cameras during televised games. For the 2010 Conference USA Football Championship Game, television presenter ESPN2 set up a camera position outside of the stadium to eliminate camera bounce caused by fans.[34]

GT1992

Dodd-Like
The "Bounce House"[edit]
The stadium is also known as "The Bounce House"[29][30][31][32] because the stadium vibrates and shakes when fans jump in unison, most notably when Zombie Nation's song "Kernkraft 400" is played.[14] While many fans like this feature, some are uneasy with the bouncing. Stadium officials claimed the stadium was structurally sound, and an independent contractor confirmed that the bouncing will not damage the stadium and shorten its expected 50–year useful life. Still, a project was begun prior to the 2008 season to reinforce the stadium superstructure and mitigate the bouncing effect.[33]

While the bouncing has been greatly reduced by the stadium reinforcements, it is still noticeable - sometimes enough to shake TV cameras during televised games. For the 2010 Conference USA Football Championship Game, television presenter ESPN2 set up a camera position outside of the stadium to eliminate camera bounce caused by fans.[34]
So you agree? Reinforcement is a nice word for fixing it. I was actually close up, but if you look at the superstructure, it was very cheaply built.

gtleviathan

Dodd-Like

Reminds me of the endzone shot of Manget's winning field goal for 1999 COFH. The old North stands definitely rocked and rolled.

JJacket

Declared dead for tax purposes.
The Pleasant Hill bridge over I-85 used to bounce more noticeably than other bridges back in the 1980's and early 90's when I worked out that way. Don't know if it is the same bridge now or if it was replaced.

coit

Y’all got any more of that D Fence?
The Pleasant Hill bridge over I-85 used to bounce more noticeably than other bridges back in the 1980's and early 90's when I worked out that way. Don't know if it is the same bridge now or if it was replaced.
It has been changed quite a bit. It is a diverging diamond now.

GT1992

Dodd-Like
Was TStan the one who got that built?
I think it was before him. It is much better than Georgia Southern's. Schools with little revenue do what they can. Bobby Dodd was originally built by students and improved over time (except that damn AstroTurf). I'm really not knocking UCF, it is a fun game day experience, just their stadium isn't the best and it is a no win situation for us. Parking is horrible there, so it probably isn't a road game you want to attend and like I said, it is far from the attractions.

Guy I played with in high school played there when they were 1AA and I would really like to say it was nice.

Ed Sawyer

I eventually banged Lucy Matthews.
It is much better than Georgia Southern's.
Not really. Georgia Southern's new addition is concrete and brick and is pretty nice. UCF's stadium is aluminum and it feels like a really big high school stadium. The problem with Southern is they're too broke to renovate the other side of the stadium. If they added a deck to their home side like the new one they built it would be a nice, 35k stadium.