UNC AND DOOK!!!!

MsTechAnalysis

Jolly Good Fellow
These two schools have really got me very angry!
mad.gif
Even if this expansion happens - how in the world can the ACC feel good about them still being here? They have really caused so much harm here, how do they ever live it down! I

Dook's president saying if they expand she's worried about too much travel - Dook's out of conference schedule takes them all over the country and Europe - what a bunch of hippocrits!

All these presidents have to know as Tony Barnhart's article says Sunday, this conference WILL NOT REMAIN THE SAME OR INTACT! For heaven sakes, how dumb are they!! Vote yes and at least keep some assemblance of the conference as is, if you don't, it's going to completely change amyway.

Oldfoggy said it right ..."the tobacco road mafia and their powerbroker mentality"!!
mad.gif

If I were GT, FSU, and Clemson, I would not wait an instant. I would withdraw immediately.

I feel sure Miami and Boston College would join them immediately. I am not quite sure about Syracuse because of Boeheim. They might wait to see who else is invited.

I believe the new league would have a bunch of teams immediately contact them for admittance. I believe the new league would have a lot of good choices, possibly even Maryland and NCSU from the ACC.

The dominos would begin falling.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained!

smile.gif

UNC and Dook consider the ACC to be their basketball conference. I have always considered it an insult to be told we play in a basketball conference. If this expansion falls through, we need to find a new conference and then tell Dook and UNC to shove it. I hope they find themselves left with a two team league. They can play each other every game and have their own "national championship". Lets make them feel very unwelcome when they vist our campus in the future.

Duke and UNC are only looking out for what they consider to be their best interests. Fine. Ga. Tech, Clem., and FSU. should bolt if these pansies get their way in the Tarheel state.

Regardless of all else, GT needs to start finding a way to try a get back in the SEC NOW, REGARDLESS OF ALL ELSE!!!!

Duke and UNC are preparing their own coffins. I felt expansion would happen because surely the presidents would not kill the conference. It appears these two don't care and may even want FSU and Tech to leave. This nonsense has gone on long enough from the Georgia Tech standpoint. If those two schools want to indulge in their Ivy League wannabe fantasies, let them. Right now the conference looks pathetic. Next teleconference call for a vote on the three schools. If it is rejected, fine, announce it and go on. Then Tech, Miami and FSU can work on doing what is best for us. Hopefully, Braine has done his job and has a contingency plan.

Also, unless FSU is wedded to us on a conference, the SEC will not take us back. We offer them nothing.

Fwiw, how many votes it take to remove a member school from the conference? Maybe, once expansion is through, the idea of all right thinking schools should be to get rid of Duke and UNC, since they don't want to be in a nonbasketball conference!

drinking.gif

Originally posted by goldeagle:
Fwiw, how many votes it take to remove a member school from the conference? Maybe, once expansion is through, the idea of all right thinking schools should be to get rid of Duke and UNC, since they don't want to be in a nonbasketball conference!

drinking.gif
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Gold: I would love to see this happen!

It seems we have found something we can all agree on. I am really upset at North Carolina, Duke, and Virginia. It seems all Tech fans agree on the disgust for North Carolina and Duke.

I hope Roof gets an offer from another school after this year.
frown.gif

If I was the president at Virginia, I would vote for what I believe and not be blackmailed into going against my belief. He should vote his belief and let the chips fall where they may.

If he is fired by the State officials, so be it. He would know he did the right thing, and that is all that counts.

None of the three have any sympathy from me.

Father Time

I can't imagine that with the reputation that Dook and the Tarholes are beginning to project as anti football schools that recruiting will get even worse for them and road games will be hell. I know I will be booing loudly at the NC game this year when they take the field. Louder than usual at least. I work with a fellow that, for some odd reason, is a Carolina fan, even though he was born and raised in NW Ga. Can't figure out why other than, I guess, Jordan played there. Took him to the Thursday game a few years ago. Julius Peppers got schooled. Maybe we'll go again so he can hear the chorus of boos rain down on the Tarholes. Give 'em HELL Tech!

JJacket, I believe North Carolina and Duke will be booed at most every game they play this year because most football fans probably dislike their attitudes with this situation.

I think they are placing themselves in a very bad position publicly with all teams East of the Mississippi.

Father Time

Wrong Wreck, we offer the SEC the tradition, top flight programs (unlike MSU, UM, Vandy) and as one of the original SEC members I'm sure some would like us back in while a few would like to keep us out. But either way Tech should look out for Tech and to Hell with the NC mafia.

I hate their guts. They don't care if they drag this conference down so long as they don't have to share their BB tournament tickets. I read on one of the northeast teams boards {I believe it was BC'S board} that we should start a new conference and I agree. Tech,FSU, Clemson, VT,BC. syracuse and possibly UVA and Maryland and of course Miami would give us a pretty good foundation. I am sick of the two self appointed aristocrats trying to flex their muscles and the other league members bowing to them.

I need help filling out my new conference. I've taken some of the ideas mentioned and rolled them into the (Insert your geographic appropriate conference name here) Conference:

"West"
GT
F$U
Notre Dame
VT
Louisville

"East"
UMd
UVA
Clem
Miami
UCF (Central FL)

As you can see, it's currently a 10 member conference so I'll need some assistance with the other two. Also, for B'Ball in this conference, you will play every team in the conf. twice during the year which should cut down on SOoooo many patsies early in the season and make for stronger RPI etc.

I have a new name for the ACC. Since we are holding so many of them, why not be the...................Atlantic Coast TeleConference?

Aho, you are right. This is something that we all agree on. All of the posts are accurate. If expansion is scuttled, it will go away for a few months only, then we will see expansion in reverse, with the Big East running on FSU, Tech, Maryland and Clemson.

Really dumb move on behalf of Duke and UNC to play hardball with this issue.

The remnants of the ACC post FSU/Tech will try to realign with middle tier schools like Central FL and East Carolina. Imagine basically making a trade like that.

Does anyone know who the other moron is - Wake? State? who is anti-VT joining?

Back