UNCheat caught selling team-issued shoes...allowed to stagger suspensions

The NCAA is such a damn joke. First, the players shouldn't be punished for selling their own shoes. Second, if you are going to act like you care about stuff, then go catch the players who are getting significant sums of money. The folks in power are ruining the game.

Did I read that correctly that the NCAA approved “staggered” suspensions? So you can pick and choose which games kids sit for now? I’m kind of confused at how angry to be because UNC keeps skating by with minimal punishments for what is clearly LOIC. But on the other hand they still suck something awful.

Did I read that correctly that the NCAA approved “staggered” suspensions? So you can pick and choose which games kids sit for now? I’m kind of confused at how angry to be because UNC keeps skating by with minimal punishments for what is clearly LOIC. But on the other hand they still suck something awful.
This kind of öööö could easily be stopped if the NCAA would, especially on repeat infractions, put the basketball team on probation. Not fair? UNC has be breaking rules forever.

Did I read that correctly that the NCAA approved “staggered” suspensions? So you can pick and choose which games kids sit for now?

Yes, under the guise of “player safety” since some positions had multiple players affected. Lolz.

Our game is under attack. I fear the game will be pushed so far from what we know that we won't recognize it in 10 years. And if it does, our country will go down, too.
I agree with this both literally and facetiously :bigthumbup:

Larry Fedora said:
Accountability is an important core principle in this program

DXo4.gif

The NCAA is such a damn joke. First, the players shouldn't be punished for selling their own shoes. Second, if you are going to act like you care about stuff, then go catch the players who are getting significant sums of money. The folks in power are ruining the game.

?

"shouldn't be punished for selling their own shoes."

I hope UNC & puke suffer the worst in every circumstance, but are not these shoes issued to the players by the school. I may not understand how the swag benefits work.

So , if it is ok for the players to sell these items, would we have a problem if some alum gave them $75,000 for a pair?

?

"shouldn't be punished for selling their own shoes."

I hope UNC & puke suffer the worst in every circumstance, but are not these shoes issued to the players by the school. I may not understand how the swag benefits work.

So , if it is ok for the players to sell these items, would we have a problem if some alum gave them $75,000 for a pair?
I think SAs should be able to make whatever anyone is willing to pay them. Bring all the money transactions into the light and may the highest bidder win.

OR

Make them truly SAs. Don’t give academic exceptions

I think SAs should be able to make whatever anyone is willing to pay them. Bring all the money transactions into the light and may the highest bidder win.

OR

Make them truly SAs. Don’t give academic exceptions

Under these scenarios, especially #2, GT would have to drop down to division 2 or lower.

Yep. Your parents didn't let you choose which days you'd be grounded so you wouldn't miss prom or the beach trip with your buddies?

Back