Undrafted Free Agents

I was hoping McGowan would get a deal with the patriots or bucs to have a chance at being a sleeper pickup as a volume pass catcher out of the slot. Don't know if the redskins utilize a similar role in their offense.

So we had 2 guys with NFL measureables (Carpenter, Juanyeh) and one guy with NFL interest (Swilling) all in the secondary; plus a coach who was touted as a DB whisperer; yet somehow we ended up with the worst secondary I think we've had in 40 years.

So we had 2 guys with NFL measureables (Carpenter, Juanyeh) and one guy with NFL interest (Swilling) all in the secondary; plus a coach who was touted as a DB whisperer; yet somehow we ended up with the worst secondary I think we've had in 40 years.

Burton and Popovich were apparently really bad, but no need to keep kicking dirt on their graves.

Last edited:
Maybe firing those two is what Suddes meant with that gravedigger meme that he never explained?

Ha! I think that was either about bringing Semore back or else it was something that was going to happen but fell through. We'll never know.

So I may have missed on another thread, why is Collins signature on every one of these? Shouldn't it just be GT or focusing on the player?

Recruiting angle, I guess. I am sure they figured some of these guys would have gotten drafted when they came up with the idea

If Collins knew anything about coaching, especially secondary coaching, he should’ve realized after year one that neither of those guys were worth keeping on his staff.
100 times yes. Everything was at least a year late.

Back