Uniform Love

The official seal of the Institute has an significant amount of navy in it.

Ok

...and a surprise to no one that the official colors of the seal to include navy weren't defined until fairly recently.

Last edited:
We have one verse in our fight song referring to fathers that are alums of GT.

And those men are saying they would "dress her in White & Gold". Referring to their daughters who could not even get in the school.

From thar we are suppose to deem that our official colors are only White & Gold
?

It must be somewhere, but where is there an official document saying our colors are only White & Gold?

And why didn't the men insist on dressing their sons (who could get in the school) in only White & Gold?

The world (and 17 year old guys): “GTs uniforms have been badass this year”
Old öööös on internet “butttttt French friesssss”
I'm the recruit's age. I like most of what we have put out this year, and that white helmet we wore on Thursday was cold. My favorite are the ne's against El Cid tho, those would be my choice to wear against ugag.

And those men are saying they would "dress her in White & Gold". Referring to their daughters who could not even get in the school.

?

It must be somewhere, but where is there an official document saying our colors are only White & Gold?

And why didn't the men insist on dressing their sons (who could get in the school) in only White & Gold?

An engineer's/computer programmer's view on instructions would conclude that anyone who demands our football players only wear white and gold are saying that the football players are actually daughters.

Techbert,
likes the white unis with gold trim the best, but is not fanatic about it

PS At least we are not arguing whether IARRFGT is our fight song or not

If wearing the same old uniforms is a turnoff to recruits then reason would suggest that these schools would be struggling to get good athletes: Penn State, Alabama, Auburn, Georgia, Ohio State, Michigan, Clemson, LSU, Oklahoma, Texas and USC. I know some of these teams occasionally wear an alternative uniform. But, you can pretty much know what they will wear without a weekly reveal on social media. The college football playoffs will once again welcome four teams who did not wear eight different uniform combinations. Just think how dominant these programs would be if they would diversify their uniforms.

If wearing the same old uniforms is a turnoff to recruits then reason would suggest that these schools would be struggling to get good athletes: Penn State, Alabama, Auburn, Georgia, Ohio State, Michigan, Clemson, LSU, Oklahoma, Texas and USC. I know some of these teams occasionally wear an alternative uniform. But, you can pretty much know what they will wear without a weekly reveal on social media. The college football playoffs will once again welcome four teams who did not wear eight different uniform combinations. Just think how dominant these programs would be if they would diversify their uniforms.
You need to take a step back, take a deep breath, look out the window, and think about what is different about those programs and GT.

I don’t disagree. I have for decades wanted us to try and emulate the pattern of the Texas uni (they ain’t doing too hot right now on the field but kill it in merchandise) and it won’t happen.

Thing is, I believe, when folks around here talk about GT wearing traditional W&G, they really mean they want us to wear G/W/G uni Every Game.

The players will hate it, and won’t do it.

?

Any proof from anyone about W&G being our only true, proclaimed colors?

?

Ever hear of a little tune called UP WITH THE WHITE & GOLD?

Hey, anyone remember in 2008 when the new coach who had this gimmicky offense said we would wear white jerseys at home because that's what he saw on TV when he a kid in like, the plistocene or something?

And all the fans thought "WTF is he talking about?"

Then in 2009 Wake Forest insisted on wearing white as the visiting team and a lot of students (myself included) were pissed?

Let the unis go guys. Just walk away.

Honestly I'm just grateful they aren't the bubble wrapped crimes against humanity that Russell used to do.

That, and so far Adidas unis have been pretty fleek.

Back