Uniforms

gtjacket16

Varsity Lurker
Could someone please explain to me how the procedure goes with whether to wear the white or gold jerseys?
uzi.gif
rocketlauncher.gif

Isn't the NCAA rule that the visiting team gets to choose jersey color? I assumed that we DIDN'T wear white when the other team chose it. Is this the gold v. white deal?

I think in the old days the HOME team chose the jersey, and would almost always chose a color (except GT chose white). Duke also would wear white at home so for Duke games Dodd chose navy for our jersey color.

Except for BD choosing navy, I'm basically guessing.

I believe that the home is suppose to wear the colors, but we ask always ask to wear white. Most teams let us, but somebody doesnt but I cannot remember who right now.

here is the website for the rules and the jersey color guidelines are on page 27

LINK

you will need to have adobe acrobat

I already knew about the "Uni Rule" but I didn't know if we just wore the gold for homecoming, (except for this year, we didn't get to.) Last year at homecoming, we wore it against Duke. In 1999 in the Gator Bowl against Miami. I think we need to bring back the Navy Jerseys.

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by gtjacket16:
I already knew about the "Uni Rule" but I didn't know if we just wore the gold for homecoming, (except for this year, we didn't get to.) Last year at homecoming, we wore it against Duke. In 1999 in the Gator Bowl against Miami. I think we need to bring back the Navy Jerseys.<hr></blockquote>

My understanding is that a powerful (BIG $$$) donor made a big donation on condition that we never wear blue again. So I think we have to get use to the gold

Not that I think the Navy was bad (I was indifferent), but why do people want them so badly? As much as I disagree with O'Leary about many things, I do agree with him on the uniforms.

Our school colors are Old Gold and White. Black gets thrown in too most of the time. Think of the fight songs - "Well it's up with the white and gold.." and "...I'd dress her in white and gold." The navy might have looked better to some, but it's not our school colors. I say we stick with them.

I like the uniforms the way they are(white jerseys/gold numbers/gold pants), but I would like Chan to return all the navy trim-accent back to black. I much preferred the traditional block numbers that were worn in 1998 and 1999, also. GT RULES!!! TO HELL WITH GEORGIA
drinking.gif

Back