"Unprecedented" penalties TBA for PSU

If they use scholly reductions and bowl bans that place a measurement on child rape which is completely stupid since they regulate fair competition.

I don't think the penalty is based on the actual child molestation. It is based on the COVER UP!

So yes, you can take away scholarships and impose a bowl ban based on the cover up. I would be good with that. They need some kind of penalty for the COVER UP.

I don't agree with the death penalty, but the school and their fans need to know that their football program does not rise above everything, even child molestation.

They should have a Freech report on the NCAA's decision making process.

I don't think the penalty is based on the actual child molestation. It is based on the COVER UP!

So yes, you can take away scholarships and impose a bowl ban based on the cover up. I would be good with that. They need some kind of penalty for the COVER UP.
pretty good point

There will be a lot of recruits and HS players who grew up rooting for PSU that will say the same thing.

This. If UGA got hammered with some violations, do you think kids would stop wanting to go there? Some might, but they'll still get their share of recruits.

pretty good point

The punishment is definitely about the actions by the PSU administration, and I too have been calling it a coverup, but I think that is a bit of a misnomer. They not only covered up for Sandusky, but they also enabled him to do it more by continuing to give him access to the locker rooms.

Therefore, I see BoR's point about putting a price on child molestation.

Admittedly, I want horrific penalties just because I enjoy message board meltdowns and explosions on Twitter.

edit: Well, that and the fact that if it were up to me I'd burn the entire athletic portion of PSU to the ground, have Paterno cremated and force feed his ashes to Sandusky.

Admittedly, I want horrific penalties just because I enjoy message board meltdowns and explosions on Twitter.

edit: Well, that and the fact that if it were up to me I'd burn the entire athletic portion of PSU to the ground, have Paterno cremated and force feed his ashes to Sandusky.

Sweet Jesus. :bowrofl:

Only thing i would add: I would use a chain to tie a naked Sandusky By his ankles with a metal bar spacer between his knees so his legs are open and place a 20" broome stick lodged in his anus and drag him so slowly down a gravel road. The road will be straddled on either sides with his victims armed with Broome sticks to beat him. I would also film it and air it on live TV to show all Child molesters, this is what we do to you sick ----s.

If we had public beatings and hangings, the crime rate would almost cease.

Only thing i would add: I would use a chain to tie a naked Sandusky By his ankles with a metal bar spacer between his knees so his legs are open and place a 20" broome stick lodged in his anus and drag him so slowly down a gravel road. The road will be straddled on either sides with his victims armed with Broome sticks to beat him. I would also film it and air it on live TV to show all Child molesters, this is what we do to you sick ----s.

If we had public beatings and hangings, the crime rate would almost cease.

I'm glad at least some people on this board have their mind right

Criminals should not be tortured because we cannot be sure they deserve it. For example, if you assume Sandusky's guilt is a 100% certainty, which it is not, what if it turned out he had a brain tumor that caused his pedophilia. You'd be torturing someone who is handicapped.

I haven't read all the pages of this thread, but:

The people who will suffer the most from any sanctions are the newly hired coaches...many of which are Tech men. Coach Bill O'Brian, etc. Many of our former solid assistants are up there. I feel badly for them and of course the student-athletes there who were no part of this mess.

Unless they can next to kill the PSU program and send them scrambling to FCS football, what I'm saying is it doesn't ----ing matter. If they use scholly reductions and bowl bans that place a measurement on child rape which is completely stupid since they regulate fair competition.

The only avenue of punishment the NCAA could take is show immorality in overall institutional control and crush the program. Or do nothing. Those are the NCAAs only two options. What I'm saying is there is no in between without damaging what the NCAA is supposed to stand for and at the same time minimalize a massive child rape coverup.

Much like Nixon, this has nothing to do with child molestation and everything to do with the cover-up. That's where lack of institutional control comes in. If the assistant and Joe Pa had gone to the police, as they should have, child rape would still have occurred (albeit fewer). The NCAA does not regulate crime, it regulates the member institutions internal controls, that were certainly missing in this case.

Jimmy Johnson is raping Paterno's corpse right now.

Criminals should not be tortured because we cannot be sure they deserve it. For example, if you assume Sandusky's guilt is a 100% certainty, which it is not, what if it turned out he had a brain tumor that caused his pedophilia. You'd be torturing someone who is handicapped.

If he had an inoperable tumor that caused him to ---- little boys, then let's put him out of his misery.

markey_mark_wtf.gif

Maybe it is worth risking torturing one innocent accused pedophile if it spares the torture of many innocent young children.

Put a bullet in his head then.

Once someone's "handicap" causes harm to others, then tough luck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtzulu

Maybe it is worth risking torturing one innocent accused pedophile if it spares the torture of many innocent young children.

Are you talking to yourself?

Back